Someone help me out with the Terry Robiskie hate?

OILERMAN

2 minutes ago, titanruss said:

I watched it over and over. This is what happened. He expected him to sit and threw it right when he'd be starting to chop his feet to stop. 

No he shouldn't have thrown it because it was covered well

I know Oilerman thinks it's crazy, but how many throws between two defenders does Mariota make.  He made a great one in this game to Delanie.  

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm guessing since we ended up with a potential elite QB, people think the coaching staff should be focused on a high powered offense that propels him to super stardom.  A shiny, high powered offensiv

I was super pissed at the 17 yard sweep by Taylor and the TD run by Walker! Damn them!

The Titans in 2016 shoot to the top of several offensive categories. Best redzone team, best 2:00 offense, 3rd best team on 3rd down, right between NE and GB. Among the best in terms of big plays with

Posted Images

I'm not convinced it's a bad result if the receiver read and played it right, but I don't think it's clear enough to say it was a fine throw. Can't argue if someone thinks it's still a bad throw because the timing of how it would have worked just isn't transparent. Definitely not inaccurate as that suggested, though.

7 minutes ago, japan said:

I know Oilerman thinks it's crazy, but how many throws between two defenders does Mariota make.  He made a great one in this game to Delanie.  

The way he threw it looked like he wanted Jonnu to shield the first defender and the second guy would've been directly behind both and unable to make a play on the ball but still tackle. 

Midway through next season should be a lot of fun when these young guys are on the same page with Marcus 

34 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

The defense did get gassed but they weren't gassed after the big punt return and still very much in the game.  We scored on two plays (pass to Walker and run by Henry) so they were off the field quickly.  True, their offense didn't help them but they were still fresh when we threw the long bomb to Taylor, Henry runs to the one and Walker runs it in. 

So really, when Henry took 8 of nine carries into the start of the 4th quarter their defense couldn't have been that gassed.  While their offense didn't do anything they had not been on the field for long sustained drives.  We scored quickly.  We simply dominated them. 

They were definitely gassed later in the game.  Hard to say exactly how much on the plays you mentioned but it was fairly obvious later on.  I guess I don't really take issue with what your saying here but it was pretty obvious their defense didn't just quit because of a couple of bad plays.  The offense didn't just "pile it on" after the game was won as another poster suggested.  

37 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

The way he is playing we could call Walker the best TE in team history. Any good blocking TE that can average 800+ yards a season is elite. 

I think he's already there.  In fact I don't think there's a close second.

I'll follow that up with the fact that Webster deserves some credit for bringing in Walker.  For all the hate that Webster gets, the guy brought in Mariota, Lewan, Spain, Walker, Casey, Orapko, WIlliamson, Woodyard and Succop.  9 integral parts to the team.

Edited by scine09

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

maybe you should tell him Walker was the blocking TE for the 49ers before signing with the Titans.

My understanding is he was more of an H-back in that offense. He was wearing a number in the 40's. Harbaugh famously D referred to him as their Swiss army knife.  And he didn't really come on as a blocker until a couple years in at that. He wasn't as good of a blocker as Vernon Davis in that offense. This is my understanding anyway. I didn't see a lot of 49ers games around 2010.

Y'all are acting like I'm saying walker is a bad blocker. I'm not. It's not his forte, he's best at stretching the field vertically, he's also a really physical blocker, especially for somebody his size, but he's not like an extra tackle out there like Alge Crumpler was. 

Walker being a good blocking tight end doesn't negate the fact that I don't think the TE group as a whole is great for running this kind of super condensed scheme. 

Edited by Sifublue

8 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

De-energized while our players were energized might be a better way of putting it.  We really didn't have these long drives that zap the energy out of the defense.  We scored quickly.  Knowing their offense was horrid might have demotivated them but people aren't giving the Titans enough credit here.  We executed and played hard and beat down a talented defense.  We scored 17 points in the 3rd quarter when their defense was still fresh and for a while still in the game.  It wasn't until the 4th quarter when we were already up 23-3 they were "gassed".  We started out the 4th quarter running Henry down their throat.  People talk on here like we won with smoke mirrors or something.  It was just as hot for our players as theirs. 

un-motivated I think is what it is...keep in mind this is not something new in Jax..they played great D in the first half..held us to 6 pts..got the turnover right after Bortles stip sack and ran the ball well.  Everything they felt they needed to do along with Bortles just protecting the ball and making a few plays.  He couldn't do that and the second half started terribly.

Its a ship guys are looking to jump off of.  Also wonder what effect Coughlin has on morale.  He may have slightly altered his stripes but if he has any control you know things aren't exactly player friendly there in Jax

36 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

un-motivated I think is what it is...keep in mind this is not something new in Jax..they played great D in the first half..held us to 6 pts..got the turnover right after Bortles stip sack and ran the ball well.  Everything they felt they needed to do along with Bortles just protecting the ball and making a few plays.  He couldn't do that and the second half started terribly.

Its a ship guys are looking to jump off of.  Also wonder what effect Coughlin has on morale.  He may have slightly altered his stripes but if he has any control you know things aren't exactly player friendly there in Jax

TC is part of what I fear in Jax.  They have been a very undisciplined team.  The D cracked in the 2nd half.  They have great potential, but they have to play as a unit separate from the rest of the team.  They looked at the scoreboard and gave up.  The great Bucs and Ravens Ds never gave up.  If TC turns them into professionals, we will have trouble on our hands.  

NOTE::my autocorrect change undisclipined to undiuclipined.  I tried to disable it.

37 minutes ago, titanruss said:

yeah... its crystal clear

mariota shouldve known that jonnu isnt vet enough to know what he's supposed to do. 

Mariota is entitled to make a bad throw or a bad decision.  Every QB does it.  I've seen Manning and Brady do it.