Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonboy

Should I trade one of my RBs for Keenan Allen?

Jonboy   

So this year I went heavy on RBs and am needing a reliable option for my WR3 spot. I've got Julio and Davante Adams so I'm set at WR1 and WR2. My 3rd spot is pretty weak though.

I have a nice collection of RBs right now with Jay Ajayi, CJ Anderson, Mike Gillislee, and Lamar Miller. There's a guy in my league desperate for RBs and I'm thinking about making a trade offer for Keenan Allen, his WR3. 

I think I'll offer Lamar Miller first, but my guess is he'll want Gillislee or Anderson. Should I do it? If so, which one? Anderson seems like he's going to be a huge part of the Denver offense this year so I'm not sure I can justify getting rid of him.

Right now my only other WRs are Sanu, Travis Benjamin, Eric Decker, and Corey Davis.

abenjami   
50 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

So this year I went heavy on RBs and am needing a reliable option for my WR3 spot. I've got Julio and Davante Adams so I'm set at WR1 and WR2. My 3rd spot is pretty weak though.

I have a nice collection of RBs right now with Jay Ajayi, CJ Anderson, Mike Gillislee, and Lamar Miller. There's a guy in my league desperate for RBs and I'm thinking about making a trade offer for Keenan Allen, his WR3. 

I think I'll offer Lamar Miller first, but my guess is he'll want Gillislee or Anderson. Should I do it? If so, which one? Anderson seems like he's going to be a huge part of the Denver offense this year so I'm not sure I can justify getting rid of him.

Right now my only other WRs are Sanu, Travis Benjamin, Eric Decker, and Corey Davis.

What is the rest of your roster and what are the starting positions in that league?

Jonboy   
3 minutes ago, abenjami said:

What is the rest of your roster and what are the starting positions in that league?

It's the team I posted here: 

On 9/3/2017 at 10:54 PM, Jonboy said:

Here's mine.

12-team, non-PPR league. Had the 5th pick.

QB Derek Carr

RB Jay Ajayi

RB Lamar Miller

WR Julio Jones

WR Davante Adams

WR Eric Decker

TE Delanie Walker

DEF Panthers

K Cairo Santos

Bench

QB Matthew Stafford

RB CJ Anderson

RB Mike Gillislee

RB Alvin Kamara

WR Corey Davis

WR Kevin White

WR Mohammed Sanu

Only change now is I dropped Kevin White and picked up Travis Benjamin.

abenjami   

Dang, I love that team.  I'd definitely trade Gillislee for Keenan Allen.  Not sure I'd do Lamar Miller though, I think he'll be fine long term this season and you've gotta make sure you have 3 RB's you can start because they get injured so often.

I'd for sure do Gillislee for Keenan Allen. If CJ Anderson can stay healthy he is likely a top 10 rb. Lamar miller might not have a great year but I think he will be consistent. Make the trade happen because your WR3 could lose you weeks. Your RB3/RB4 can't win you anything. 

Jonboy   

Trade was accepted. Gillislee for Allen.

He had Odell coming back from injury so Allen was going to the bench for him anyway. And he was desperate at RB. Good trade for both teams, I think.

My new starting lineup...

QB Derek Carr

RB Jay Ajayi

RB CJ Anderson

WR Julio Jones

WR Davante Adams

WR Keenan Allen

TE Delanie Walker

K Santos

DEF Panthers

Bink   
2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Trade was accepted. Gillislee for Allen.

He had Odell coming back from injury so Allen was going to the bench for him anyway. And he was desperate at RB. Good trade for both teams, I think.

My new starting lineup...

QB Derek Carr

RB Jay Ajayi

RB CJ Anderson

WR Julio Jones

WR Davante Adams

WR Keenan Allen

TE Delanie Walker

K Santos

DEF Panthers

Great call and Gil was the right move. Very TD reliant, I like Allen better long term. 

If the Chargers can get consistent Allen could be lethal. The only thing that has stopped him in the past from putting up monster numbers are season-ending injuries. As long as he stays healthy you're pretty much set.

Hopefully Davis gets his hamstring issue solved and starts to break out later in the season. Then you'll have a headache trying to figure out which one to start between he and Allen.

Jonboy   

Well this turned out to be a grand slam of a move.

The guy I traded with eventually dropped Gillislee and of course, everyone knows the kind of season Allen is having.

abenjami   
On 9/18/2017 at 10:00 AM, abenjami said:

Dang, I love that team.  I'd definitely trade Gillislee for Keenan Allen.

In my 15 years on the board and its predecessors, I have never seen anyone predict something like this!!!!!!!