Post game thoughts

OILERMAN

Agree with bongo. This was on coaches

onside kick just set the tone in a bad way for the day. 

Then you run a toss on 3rd down to the SHORT SIDE OF THE FIELD. NEVER a good decision. Ever. 

Why run bubble screens wirh decker who is slow versus Taylor or almost anyone else? 

All and all I thought the defense played fairly well. Put offense didn't help them enough especially with play calling. 

Adoree and Davis are legit and gonna be great. Thought the PI call on adoree was weak. 

Mariota flashed great but was very inconsistent.   Run game was bad. Play calling worse. Cyprien was awful. 

Good team but still a ways to go. Going to Jax when they look half way decent also not great. 

Of course typical comments after the game

- self inflicted, nothing they did really surprised us

- we will get it cleaned up

- we had opportunities but didn't capitalize

- did some good things but left points on the field

blah blah blah. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're insane.  Mularkey fucked this game to pieces. The offense had no rhythm and was disjointed.  Mularkey forced mariota into bad spots and mariota saved us all the first half. There

Running into the kicker: 3 points Cyprien wiffing on the tackle on fourth down: 3 points Titans D blitzes and gets burned on a long screen with time running out leading to FG as time expires

Carr is 100 times better than Mariota. The play calling sucked, but I don't think he's a huge improvement over Locker. He is ALWAYS inconsistent. 

Posted Images

I can't see how an onside kick to open a game can lose it, but it's not a likely good play so seems a bit dumb. Also based on how the game played out, was unnecessary. That time Fisher did it against the Colts is fine, they were always going to lose that game, but this one was closer even if the Raiders were still superior.

Mariota wasn't great by any means and deserves some criticism, and Carr was indeed better but Mariota played way better than I expected and the pass protection held up pretty well overall. 

I think it's a little early to write Murray off, but it's trending that direction. 

Basically we got beat by a playoff team with the best pass receiving duo we will face this year with a banged up, new secondary. The only better teams we will face this year are the Steelers, Seattle, and maybe an argument for Baltimore. Tackling needs to improve and Mariota needs to gel a little more with Davis, secondary needs to gel a little more. But we looked better than I thought we would and there's nothing to panic over yet. 

For such a "great tackling" box safety, Cyprien sure missed a lot of tackles. His injury probably helped the defense overall, with Searcy replacing him. 

Edited by tgo