Goodell Extended 5 Years

Jamalisms

We've discussed this here a few times and I've always been under the impression some of you are intentionally blind to Goodell's real role - to make himself the story and shield the owners and league from scrutiny.

Hopefully his new extension drives the point home for a few of you. Any time you focus on Goodell, you miss the point. He's doing exactly what the owners want. And they love it.

Jones now joins other owners who have been, at one time or another, “furious” at the commissioner yet seem to be able to get over it quickly.

Believe me when I say this: every team, without exception, believes that Goodell and the NFL office treats other teams better than it treats them. It is a universal paranoia that Goodell and his staff deal with on a daily basis. And for every decision that enrages Jones or Robert Kraft or another owner, there are many other owners saying “Attaboy Roger!

Jones supported Goodell’s harsh treatment of Tom Brady; I would guess Kraft supports Goodell’s harsh treatment of Elliott. NFL owners compartmentalize well, know that business is booming and asset values are skyrocketing and truly appreciate that Goodell taking the heat so they don’t have to. Goodell’s lack of owner support has continuously been overstated and over-exaggerated. His contract extension this week, amid howls about his performance from outsiders, reflects that.

As every dispute over recent years does, it brings us back to the CBA-endorsed powers of the Commissioner, powers that was actually strengthened, not weakened, after all the twists and turns of the Brady case. Goodell has been accused of being too harsh, too soft, too arbitrary, etc. but here is the reality: he has never been in any real danger of being removed from the role he clearly values.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/08/23/roger-goodell-ezekiel-elliott-suspension

I tried to explain this to a Tom Brady Fuck Boy last year: Goodell is the Whipping Boy that preserves team/owner images. They don't understand that the NFL is just a profit sharing tax shelter that stands only as a collective agreement between the owners.

Goodell needs to be removed! Goodell needs to be fired! What's Goodell gonna do about this CTE, players are committing suicide! FUCK GOODELL!

This fuckboy that I'm referring to would always say things like, "He has too much power! The NFL needs to realize blah blah blah." 

I asked him if he really thought over 32 billionaires got together and hired somebody to speak for them and kept him in his role even though they were unhappy? What's $50mil to 32 billionaires? Not jackshit. If they wanted him removed, he would be. He's doing exactly the bidding they prefer. 

The sport will eventually fall or morph into something else as more and more parents divert their kids to sports that aren't as potentially dangerous for the kinds of later-in-life health problems former players suffer from.

The billionaires can put whoever they want in charge. It won't change that.

23 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

I bet half the league has new ownership within 10 years.

Why? That makes absolutely no sense.... No one is going to oust anyone (even if there actually was a reason, which there isn't) and you think 16 billionaires will just sell their money printing press? Even after inheriting teams for a few of them, they didn't manage to stay rich by being a retard.

Archived