Cooper Kupp vs. Taywan Taylor

Tex in a Can

Looks like this Cooper Kupp is off to a great start for the Rams. I know JRob scouted him personally. Do you think JRob was hoping we would land him in Taywan Taylor's spot in the 3rd round (Cooper was picked by LA 2 spots before we picked Taylor.)

I'm happy with Taywan, especially now that we signed Decker as well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000833231/article/trumaine-johnson-cooper-kupp-is-top-rookie-material

Edited by Tex in a Can

Kupp's looked good, but he's also a 24 yr old rookie with 4.6 speed. We already have a 4.6 guy in Decker who can do similar things. I think we needed more speed and explosiveness which Taylor has.

It is a good question though as Kupp seemed to be a guy JR would like. But then again Taylor fits that too.

Edited by socaltitan

They both look like great, potential receivers. Kupp is probably more pro-ready. But I like our pick a lot. I think he fits our particular needs quite well and will be our slot next year (barring injuries....could be sooner or later otherwise).

Kupp could be an excellent player...however he's a totally different player than Taywan Taylor.  Kupp is a dependable guy with not much speed and a great ability to catch passes from the outside.  Taylor is a guy with good speed, whose best asset is his shiftiness who will primarily be a slot guy.  I'd have loved to had Kupp but I'm glad we got Taylor because after selecting Davis, we didn't need a guy like Kupp anymore really.

1 minute ago, Meow said:

Kupp could be an excellent player...however he's a totally different player than Taywan Taylor.  Kupp is a dependable guy with not much speed and a great ability to catch passes from the outside.  Taylor is a guy with good speed, whose best asset is his shiftiness who will primarily be a slot guy.  I'd have loved to had Kupp but I'm glad we got Taylor because after selecting Davis, we didn't need a guy like Kupp anymore really.

The offense really needed more speed and explosiveness. Even though Kupp might be pretty good, he's a similar speed guy to what we already had.

19 hours ago, h4t said:

Since we traded up for TT, I think he was who JR wanted.  If he really wanted Kupp, he would have traded up higher.

Very possible he was good on both of them, and once Kupp was off the board he felt the need to move up to get the one left in Taylor.

They areN'T really the same skill set though, so hard to say.