Tajae Sharpe Removed from PUP List; Abdesmad Cut

Jonboy

2 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

will be interesting to see who sticks and who goes.  I think McBride may have been auditioning for another team last preseason game. Has he shown anything on special teams of note??   Mularkey likes to praise Douglas.  Weems here to handle kick returns but how important is that considering most go out of the endzone.

Would they leave off Weems and McBride to keep Sharpe and Douglas?  Do teams ever keep 7 WRs??

what yall think

In all seriousness, it's probably Douglas who gets cut. 

2 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

I dunno, Mularkey called him "invaluable" the other day. 

Edited by tgo

47 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

And he made Dexter McCluster a team captain in his interim season and cut him in the next off-season.

Not to say Douglas won't be on the team, but Mularkey liking him doesn't make that decision.

I think that was probably more JRob cutting McCluster. But you're right, JRob might cut Douglas too. 

15 hours ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

:4_joy:  @Denali's daily, strongly worded letters to the front office finally paid off....there won't be any Muslims on this team! Watch out Khalfani Muhammad, you're next!

If we also turn them over to the authorities, AAS can use the reward money for more upgrades to Nissan Stadium.

13 hours ago, tgo said:

I dunno, Mularkey called him "invaluable" the other day. 

13 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

And he made Dexter McCluster a team captain in his interim season and cut him in the next off-season.

Not to say Douglas won't be on the team, but Mularkey liking him doesn't make that decision.

Jrob sets the roster. He reiterated their separation despite collaboration this morning in interview. He was asked about how it felt to have 2 first round picks who might not start day 1.

He said, when the players are drafted they've bought in to the team first mentality and as long as they're contributing to the success of the team that they're doing their jobs. He said that he sets the roster, but player personnel groupings are Mularkey's call. (Basically he checks his boxes on character & effort, sets the roster, and lets it work itself out.)

Mularkey may be a player's coach and a patter on the back guy, but Jrob is the bitness man. 

I'm mostly curious if they will cut Sharpe..I think McBride is gone in favor of Weems but that could still go either way I think.. but they are fighting it out the that # 6 wr/st position.

Sharpe has just started practicing and Mularkey mentioned he needs to get into football shape..2 weeks from now the team will be in full go mode getting ready for Oak.

In some ways Sharpe has been replaced with 2 young guys who have more upside than him.  Douglas hasn't really been replaced on the roster and I'm sure the coaches are comfortable with him stepping in on game day if needed more so than Sharpe.

With Davis still a bit of a ??..Decker, Matthews and TT as your opening day starters a guy like Douglas  fits better than Sharpe IMO.

1 minute ago, bizzyeddie said:

I'm mostly curious if they will cut Sharpe..I think McBride is gone in favor of Weems but that could still go either way I think.. but they are fighting it out the that # 6 wr/st position.

Sharpe has just started practicing and Mularkey mentioned he needs to get into football shape..2 weeks from now the team will be in full go mode getting ready for Oak.

In some ways Sharpe has been replaced with 2 young guys who have more upside than him.  Douglas hasn't really been replaced on the roster and I'm sure the coaches are comfortable with him stepping in on game day if needed more so than Sharpe.

With Davis still a bit of a ??..Decker, Matthews and TT as your opening day starters a guy like Douglas  fits better than Sharpe IMO.

I don't think there is any way they cut Sharpe.

18 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

McBride, Sharpe, and Douglas are 100 percents JAG's who I would cut. I would consider resigning Sharpe or McBride to the practice squad if they still have eligibility (assuming they pass through waivers.) Douglas is only here because he's a hard working veteran who's an excellent influence on the younger guys and a great teammate----these are great things, but JRob has stocked this roster with multiple guys who exhibit these attributes. With this in mind, he's just not good enough on game day for this roster.

I'm sure that JRob has been scouring the preseason games for potential WR cuts and hopefully he's seen some great system-fits or some diamonds in the rough.