Tajae Sharpe Removed from PUP List; Abdesmad Cut

Jonboy

44 minutes ago, scine09 said:

This was probably more of a courtesy to Abdesmad than anything else, to give him an opportunity to catch on elsewhere.  Because there's no way he was the 90th guy on the roster or the last of the defensive linemen.

That was my gut feeling.  They were trying to do him the courtesy of signing on elsewhere.  He's certainly ahead of a number of guys.

will be interesting to see who sticks and who goes.  I think McBride may have been auditioning for another team last preseason game. Has he shown anything on special teams of note??   Mularkey likes to praise Douglas.  Weems here to handle kick returns but how important is that considering most go out of the endzone.

Would they leave off Weems and McBride to keep Sharpe and Douglas?  Do teams ever keep 7 WRs??

what yall think

Seriously, has anybody actually watched Abdesmad play football? He is ATROCIOUS. I have no idea why this board likes him so much. The only thing I can think of is he had that great preseason game 4 last year, nobody has really focused on him since, he looks great because of his height & build, so it's just assumed he's good.

I recorded the last 2 games & really focused on the front 7, I enjoy his because DLB's fronts are so creative, they really are whacky. Anyway, Mehdi does absolutely nothing. I mean, NOTHING. Now, in all fairness at times this seems to be the case for many of the DL. I may be wrong but it appears to me that DLB has gone back to his roots some & is running mostly 2  gap. Im sure Casey won't be doing much of this, but the DL has largely played 2 gap, read & react, opening things up for blitzing LB's & safeties. It's worked to, they got a bunch of free rushers in, 2 plays I specifically recall Cyprien & Carraway came in unblocked. So in this type of system the DL arent going to make as much an impact as a 1 gap but still,  he got zero push. He just went nowhere.