Thought on Preseason Game #2

OILERMAN

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really only a few things that I thought were worth mentioning.......   First thing is Jonnu Smith started the game as the inline TE over Supernaw and he held up pretty good in the run game a

The fan who called the QB run should be banished for life. How dumb can you be?

Marcus didn't throw to his right though.. 

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I'm not a fan of qb runs at all.  But if Mariota couldn't do it yesterday then when could he do it?  If he's going to be on the field you can't hold him back.  Or he shouldn't be playing.

Stupid thinking here. 

Let him scramble if he needs to but holding him back from  an intentional run is not dumb at all. It's stupid to allow that play in a preseason game... opening him up to getting his for zero reason. 

You dont call that that regardless of the QB and regardless of injury history. 

7 minutes ago, japan said:

I disagree. Why isn't Brady or Brees playing in these first two preseason games when they aren't hurt. Those teams view there qbs as irreplaceable. Not saying he didn't need to play but you can't have the season ended on a ridiculous play like that. Remember the blindside hit McNair took against KC. 

The point I'm making is if he's not able to do it yesterday then he shouldn't be on the field.

My thought on qb runs is they should rarely happen.  So I'm certainly not defending it.  

11 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The point I'm making is if he's not able to do it yesterday then he shouldn't be on the field.

My thought on qb runs is they should rarely happen.  So I'm certainly not defending it.  

obviously he is able to do it..could probably do it in his sleep just no need for it at all IMO.  Not a big deal either way but I'm politely telling the fan lets go with something else.

2 minutes ago, titantez said:

This was a preseaon game and is was nothing like a real game, interms of speed,intensity, personnel or playcalling.

Yes it is nice to see young guys making plays in any situation to build their confidence but one has to keep things in prespective.

The Titans are not a very good team but they are developing talent and that is part of the process of becoming a good team.

The most positive post I've seen from titanez. 

2 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

obviously he is able to do it..could probably do it in his sleep just no need for it at all IMO.  Not a big deal either way but I'm politely telling the fan lets go with something else.

He can do everything right on the run (like he did) and all it takes is a defender to blast him helmet to helmet on the slide. Yeah, we get a 15 yard penalty but our QB is now concussed.  

2 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

pretty sure when they let the fan "call the play", what they are really doing is giving them a choice of 3 plays. marcus run, henry run, marcus pass. 

when those are the options the coach gives, what is the most exciting idea? of course they pick "marcus run" 

mularkey should be fined by AAS by even having that option on the table. 

3 hours ago, nine said:

I understand the concern about designed QB runs...but the fact is, those are some of the safer plays for Marcus because he can avoid contact and protect himself.   The fact is, he takes far more punishment standing in the pocket than he does running the ball.

This is flat out wrong.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Thigh bruise

And this has me very curious, how was he hurt this badly by what ended up being just a bruise? I understand they can be pretty severe, but he was gimp to the point of a break or tear.

2 minutes ago, Stan17 said:

And this has me very curious, how was he hurt this badly by what ended up being just a bruise? I understand they can be pretty severe, but he was gimp to the point of a break or tear.

Watching the replay it looked like Fluellen's knee hit him right in the upper thigh full speed

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

This is flat out wrong.

Actually, he's kinda right.  Having linemen, rbs, or lbs roll up on his legs is much more dangerous than him getting hit while moving.  Carr got the same injury last year by standing in the pocket, just as Mariota did.