Kalen Reed

Divine

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we see the screen name Reedscousinsuncle, we know who it is....

He will be the starter.   I said it over a year ago and I could care less how much money Ryan got.......Reed is the best CB on the team and it has been apparent for a long time.  It appears that the D

I really like Reed, but Bongo's repeated masturbatory celebration every time that Reed plays decently is gonna make me hope that Reed's dick spontaneously combusts.

2 hours ago, 10 A See said:

He got props from Mularkey...

(on how cornerback Kalan Reed showed up in the game)

Yeah he did. He actually played the most snaps on defense. Kalan (Reed) played good. He played very good. Really, if you think about last night, one of the best things we did better than coverage early on was our support by our secondary. We had some guys coming up and really-Curtis Riley coming up, Kalan Reed, Tye Smith. We have an aggressive secondary that likes to tackle. And you can see that already in the first preseason game.

That was my point earlier they are small but fast and physical, I think we give up some completions but a lot less big plays.

5 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Reed will make the roster but I can't see him starting short of injuries. They are already pushing him towards playing FS.

Playing FS? Where does this come from?

44 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

he played some snaps at safety against the Jets, commentators mentioned he had been practicing at both CB and S.

Yep.   I remember hearing reports out of camp that Reed was getting reps at FS....and then he saw some action there against the Jets.    To paraphrase the commentators... the coaching staff feels Reed's combination of speed and ball skills could make him particularly valuable as a ball-hawking center fielder.

59 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

he played some snaps at safety against the Jets, commentators mentioned he had been practicing at both CB and S.

15 minutes ago, nine said:

Yep.   I remember hearing reports out of camp that Reed was getting reps at FS....and then he saw some action there against the Jets.    To paraphrase the commentators... the coaching staff feels Reed's combination of speed and ball skills could make him particularly valuable as a ball-hawking center fielder.

Interesting, I didn't watch the broadcast much past the starters

2 hours ago, Soxcat said:

IMO Reed will/should supplant McCain as the 4th CB (he may get reps outside with Sims at times) and definately be on the active roster because he can play almost anywhere in the secondary and is a better tackler than McCain.  Tough to break into the top 3 unless Sims regresses. 

McCain is trash. What would we lose?

Kind of strange that Reed is the guy they'd try at FS. If anything Sims names more sense as a safety, some of his scouting reports said he might be better there because of his length & he's a tad stiff. But he seems to have the starting outside job locked up.

Reed, outside of maybe Adoree, has the best profile for a man corner. He has all the traits, speed, fluidity, vertical, ball skills, etc.

1 minute ago, Face said:

Kind of strange that Reed is the guy they'd try at FS. If anything Sims names more sense as a safety, some of his scouting reports said he might be better there because of his length & he's a tad stiff. But he seems to have the starting outside job locked up.

Reed, outside of maybe Adoree, has the best profile for a man corner. He has all the traits, speed, fluidity, vertical, ball skills, etc.

They aren't necessarily moving Reed to FS but they may need him there. Look at the depth at safety. You basically have Byard and a bunch of SS types. If Reed can learn FS then they are better depth-wise and Reed has a better chance of making the roster.

This isn't to say that Reed can't make it as a CB, but being able to play safety as well would help both him and the team.

8 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

They aren't necessarily moving Reed to FS but they may need him there. Look at the depth at safety. You basically have Byard and a bunch of SS types. If Reed can learn FS then they are better depth-wise and Reed has a better chance of making the roster.

This isn't to say that Reed can't make it as a CB, but being able to play safety as well would help both him and the team.

True. Good point.

Chess pieces. We need some CBs to be comfortable in deep coverage to help DLB disguise defenses, otherwise Byard won't be making many of those tackles near or behind the LOS, and he certainly won't blitz. God save us if Cyprien is regularly dropping deep on pass downs.