Andy Benoit Titans Preview

Jonboy

Interesting piece. Disagree with several of his observations, particularly about Byard. Not sure why most of the national guys still haven't picked up on the fact that he's going to be a true FS this year.

He's also tweeting about the Titans today:

Benoit must have missed the several game-saving downfield catches that showed off Murray's hands last year. He isn't David Johnson or Christian Mccaffrey, but saying Murray can't play 3rd down is not grounded in evidence. His receiving and blocking skills are probably what are keeping Henry off the field.

The way Henry moves down the line and bursts up field when he sees a crease or gets the edge is all the twitch I need to see. 

Edited by titaninpgh

6 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

Benoit must have missed the several game-saving downfield catches that showed off Murray's hands last year. He isn't David Johnson or Christian Mccaffrey, but saying Murray can't play 3rd down is not grounded in evidence. His receiving and blocking skills are probably what are keeping Henry off the field.

The way Henry moves down the line and bursts up field when he sees a crease or gets the edge is all the twitch I need to see. 

I think he's a little off regarding Murray, Byard, and then no mention of LeShaun Sims at all. 

Lol Titans don't have a 3rd down back?

Murray averaged 5.35YPA on 3rd down and in his 23 3rd down rushes he had 16 first downs and 2 TD 

Henry averaged 3.7YPA on 3rd down. In his 10 3rd down rushes he got 5 first downs and 1 TD.

Did you watch any Titans games las year Mr. Benoit?

26 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Lazy fucking article. 

I'm not surprised.  I'll read it later but his past articles on the Titans relied on public perception and showed no real effort to research.  Does he still file his articles under the tag "deep dive"?  Seems like he has a quota to meet and writes for an uninformed national audience.  

Just now, CreepingDeath said:

I'm not surprised.  I'll read it later but his past articles on the Titans relied on public perception and showed no real effort to research.  Does he still file his articles under the tag "deep dive"?  Seems like he has a quota to meet and writes for an uninformed national audience.  

Yeah, typical bs. I don't know how these guys get jobs writing. 

But hey, I say the same thing about Best Selling books. It's the audience that buys...

1 hour ago, Titansgoodluckcharm said:

Yea. Murray is exactly the type of 3rd down back we need and I don't think I saw Henry drop a pass last year. Murray made catches that surprised me.

I'll take our 2 all purpose back over a "quick twitch" guy who's gonna go down at 1st contact. We tried that and it sucked

I remember Henry dropping a wide open pass late in the year, but that's the only one that comes to mind.