Status on Tasks from Update Thread, Fundraising, and Thank Yous

TitansGuru
Message added by TitansGuru

Thank you to the following members who have donated towards keeping this community going and developed without ads for anyone who registers and is signed in:

(in no particular order)

• Oilertattoo
  • pea***[email protected] (please e-mail me your screen name)
  • Downtown
  • OzTitan
  • Chef
  • FRT
  • Btowner
  • 8MM
  • ManningEnvy
  • thecuz1
  • CTM
  • Titan Legend
  • Starkiller 
  • freakingeek
  • SoylentGreen
  • jcuz
  • SupDawg
  • TitanLegend
  • heyitsmeallen
  • prometheus
  • begooode
  • nashtrashrocker

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who makes this place what it is. Whether you have been a loyal member for years, have discovered this place recently and have stuck around after the ha

Was supposed to be 5.27 

I want to avoid calling too many people out for their contributions because everything helps and goes towards our goals.   However, I do want to recognize a few who went well above and beyon

Posted Images

3 hours ago, OzTitan said:

BTW it looks like HTTPS is working but it doesn't update links so you have to keep manually going back to it. Pretty sure this isn't a downgrade from before but just a friendly reminder about getting HTTPS the default option :)

Nice, is HTTPS going to be implemented fully?

6 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

Eventually, yes. Will take a huge it in SEO to make it happen, though. Probably in the next few months. 

Btw I changed my Title to "503 Service Error" as a joke. Did you change it back to the default? It was just a joke! :7_sweat_smile:

2 hours ago, TitansGuru said:

Eventually, yes. Will take a huge it in SEO to make it happen, though. Probably in the next few months. 

Which is frustrating to no end given Google in other ways are leading the push for HTTPS everywhere. Left hand meet right hand.

I don't know much about SEO but I thought google had been factoring in HTTPS since 2014. Does that help a little at least?

They don't have ways for people to transition their sites to HTTPS without hurting their SEO?? 

9 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I don't know much about SEO but I thought google had been factoring in HTTPS since 2014. Does that help a little at least?

They don't have ways for people to transition their sites to HTTPS without hurting their SEO?? 

They treat HTTPS as a different site, as technically it could serve an entirely different site. So it's the same as if you changed your entire domain - you can do it wrong and mess things up. My understanding is HTTP 301 redirects is how to do it properly, but it probably isn't as simple as that.

Serving different content on HTTPS vs HTTP is such a rare thing you'd think Google could offer some sort of process to make it seamless, given they are starting to show "Not Secure" for HTTP sites in Chrome soon, and are pushing various HTTPS initiatives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/30/2017 at 1:14 PM, TitansGuru said:

This is really bad to admit, so I apologize, but I'm just now seeing this. Did you ever work it out?

I've had better luck posting with a URL. I don't know what the problem was. It was mostly with GIFs and it seems to be worked out. Thanks for checking though.