Sign in to follow this  
Oiler FANatic

Rockets Depth Chart For The 2018-19 Season

On 2/27/2018 at 8:24 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

LA has been to the Finals about as much as HOU been to the playoffs lol

Of course that has nothing to do with that fact that they had already been around for 20 years when the Rockets were founded....:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Of course that has nothing to do with that fact that they had already been around for 20 years when the Rockets were founded....:rolleyes:

Like yall would have done anytjing about it if you were.

They still had to get there....:cj2k:

On 2/25/2018 at 11:40 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Barring injury or foul trouble Johnson nor Wright will do anything in the playoffs. To count them as depth when they'd be lucky to see 5 mins a game is nonsense.

The Rockets backups will be getting lots of playing time over the last few weeks of the season with Golden State's myriad of injuries.

Toronto has a far better chance of catching Houston right now, especially since they own the tie-breaker. But that's still a 3-game cushion.

After going to Portland on Tuesday night, we can expect to see the Rockets to start resting players during their 5-game home stand.

Chris Paul and Capela will both get some time off, they'll probably give Harden a night off here and there as well. Plenty of PT for the backups.

If they're plenty rested up for the first round of the playoffs, and with all the teams struggling just to get in, they could have an easy time early on.

Guys like Iso Joe and Wright (plus Green & Black) could get decent minutes if the Rockets can build early leads against their first round opponent.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

3 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

@Oiler FANatic

Where is Capela? I see Jokic up there.....

There are at least 5 players I would take over where Paul George is ranked, likely 10, for any given amount of a timespan you want to set the parameters at. I'm sure there are more misjudges of where in the top-30 these guys are but the top 20 at least seem to be unanimous.

23 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

There are at least 5 players I would take over where Paul George is ranked, likely 10, for any given amount of a timespan you want to set the parameters at. I'm sure there are more misjudges of where in the top-30 these guys are but the top 20 at least seem to be unanimous.

So are you saying Capela has a right to be considered top 30 just based on personal opinion? I think he would be omitted in a lot of ppls top 30. If guys like Jokic and Drummond are mid to low 20s, Capela doesn't belong.

Also, are you saying someone like Lillard, who everyone knows is not a great defender, should be ahead of PG? Are you also saying DeRozan and Butler should be as well? Those 3 are all pretty even in my eyes....but I believe they are in the correct order as far as those 3 go. DD doesnt have the defense PG and Butler do. And I like PG over Butler because PG has got his team to more playoffs and more series wins than Butler. 

I can see maybe a CP or John Wall being ahead of him. Embiid needs at least one more full healthy year to be top 10 imo. And then he prolly shoots into top 8 or 7.

Also, are you just looking at stats, or are you taking into account personality and the possible affect it could have on a locker room? If you're just going off stats, you could argue Boogie and Kyrie should be ahead of him. If its more than just stats, I dont think its easy to put them types over PG who seems like a real team player.

The only part I would argue to change in all of it is moving Harden to 3, AD to 4, and Curry to 5.

41 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So are you saying Capela has a right to be considered top 30 just based on personal opinion? I think he would be omitted in a lot of ppls top 30. If guys like Jokic and Drummond are mid to low 20s, Capela doesn't belong.

I don't give one damn about yours and Oiler's who whoever's beef. What the fuck does Capela have anything to do with anything I remotely said?

47 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Also, are you saying someone like Lillard, who everyone knows is not a great defender, should be ahead of PG? Are you also saying DeRozan and Butler should be as well? Those 3 are all pretty even in my eyes....but I believe they are in the correct order as far as those 3 go. DD doesnt have the defense PG and Butler do. And I like PG over Butler because PG has got his team to more playoffs and more series wins than Butler. 

I'd MUCH rather have Derozan, Embiid, Klay, Cousins, Kyrie or Butler on my team than PG. There are others on that list rated lower who I would consider it a coin-flip.

I get why someone would rate an all around good player you can depend on as a top-10 guy, I just don't agree with it at all because there are other guys who are more legit difference makers rated lower.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Yet Capela, with the obvious exception of LeBron, is still better than everyone on the Lakers roster.

If the Rockets can't manage to sign him to a long-term contract he will be one of the top free agents in the loaded FA class of 2019.

4 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I don't give one damn about yours and Oiler's who whoever's beef. What the fuck does Capela have anything to do with anything I remotely said?

You said the first 20 are unanimous. So I took that as you think the last 10 could be interchangeable based on personal opinion.

4 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I'd MUCH rather have Derozan, Embiid, Klay, Cousins, Kyrie or Butler on my team than PG. There are others on that list rated lower who I would consider it a coin-flip.

I get why someone would rate an all around good player you can depend on as a top-10 guy, I just don't agree with it at all because there are other guys who are more legit difference makers rated lower.

The way Derozan has performed in the playoffs over the past few years, he may not even belong in the top 15.

If Embiid goes down again this next season, no you would not....Cousins, who knows, Im not a fan of his attitude. Kyrie, Butler, Klay and PG are all legitmate toss ups imo.

3 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Yet Capela, with the obvious exception of LeBron, is still better than everyone on the Lakers roster.

If the Rockets can't manage to sign him to a long-term contract he will be one of the top free agents in the loaded FA class of 2019.

Lmao. Gtfoh. Dude averages 13 and 10 and needs ooped on all of his points. His offensive game is totally dependent on others. He is a solid rebounder and a good rim protector. Other than that, you are overrating the fuck out of him.

The only thing teams would covet about him is his height.

Rockets just shot themselves in the foot. I hope someone throws max $$ at Capela. Would be hilarious. And all the Rockets fans including ours truly have been raving about the job Morey has done. Yet just another allusion that makes up the biggest group of overachievers in the NBA.

rns90   
On 7/9/2018 at 11:56 AM, Oiler FANatic said:

It sounds like he wants too much money:  he turned down a 5 year deal worth 85 million.

10 hours ago, rns90 said:

It sounds like he wants too much money:  he turned down a 5 year deal worth 85 million.

How is that too much money for the best up and coming C in the league? Thats 17 per year.

Surely the best up and coming C could get at least 20 per, no?

Bismack Biyombo got 4 years 72 mil. Thats 18 per year. 

HOU either just doesnt feel he is as good as @Oiler FANatic does, or they are trying to low ball the fuck out of him because they gave old ass CP3 who cant stay healthy a max deal. 

Lmao. Fucking idiots.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this