Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Lakers projected lineup

Kyle021   
On 8/27/2017 at 10:09 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Yea, let's see who wins their next title first. That's all I really care about and I'll bet you anything you want LA does.

Also bet you your big tree doesn't play more than 50 games.

Dude... I'm a laker homer to but let's get real. 

A healtht Embiid, Simmons and Fultz smokes our Randle, Ingram, Ball

i would trade those three for three anyday. 

Scratch that. I would trade Embiid and Simmons for Ball and Randle anyday

6 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Dude... I'm a laker homer to but let's get real. 

A healtht Embiid, Simmons and Fultz smokes our Randle, Ingram, Ball

i would trade those three for three anyday. 

Scratch that. I would trade Embiid and Simmons for Ball and Randle anyday

I know, right.

Embiid actually had very similar stats to Brook Lopez last year. I mean, he only played 30 games while Brook played 75 but hey, I guess that doesn't mean much these days. It's all about potential.

Fun fact: Lopez has played 9 seasons. Embiid 3. In 9 years Lopez has missed 176 games. In 3 years Embiid has missed 215. Wow.

So in 31 games Embiid averaged 20.2 pts 7.8 rb  and 2.1 ast with 2.5 blocks and a FG % of .466.

In 75 games Lopez averaged 20.5 pts 5.4 rb and 2.3 ast with with 1.7 blocks and a FG % of .474.

So Lopez averaged more points and assists with a higher FG (and also shoots from range better than Embiid) in more than twice as many games while Embiid has him in boards and blocks. 

But ask @Little Earl and Embiid is by far the best big in the game "when healthy". I bet Lopez isn't even a top 10 big man to him while Embiid is by far his #1.

According to a bleacher report article...

Here's every NBA player who has averaged at least 20 points per game while posting Brook Lopez's current assist (16.8), block (4.3) and three-point (35.9) percentages: No one

But that ALL MIGHTY POTENTIAL boy! It's a powerful thing.

@Kyle021 should I start comparing Ingrams and Simmons numbers? Oh wait, Simmons is on the Embiid track and doesn't have any numbers to compare right now. Already missed 82. Almost half as many as Lopez' total in 9 years. :4_joy:

Seriously @JakePA_Titan, most people agree that Simmons and Fultz have more potential than Ingram and Ball.   Nobody criticized the Sixers for taking those guys first.   We know you hope that Embiid will always be injured, but there is reason to believe he will be able to be healthy.   But comparing him to Lopez is just pure nonsense.   There nothing Lopez can do on offense or defense that is on par with Embiid.....nothing (other than not getting injured).   And I never said Embiid is currently the number 1 center, I said his potential is higher than anyone out there.

Next there is Randle, who is no better than Saric.    After that it is just role players as far as we know.   On top of that the Lakers have no 1st round pick next year, while the Sixers have theirs, plus either the Lakers or Kings next year.   

Lakers only hope is to be are able to bring in the free agents next year.   Obviously depending on who they sign could be huge.   But the Sixers also have lots of cap room, so they only need to sign one big free agent to solidify their team.  

Believing he will continue to be injured is not the same as hoping for him to be injured.

But like Wisco, you like to twist shit. That's ok.

You're right on one thing. Comparing someone who has actually been reliable and consistently putting up the nunbers that had ppl on Embiid nuts for 30 games isn't fair. You're right, Embiid needs to play more before he can be compared to one of the most underrated and reliable Cs in the game for the past decade.

And to the last part, has there been any FA linked to Philly? Or any free agent that expressed a want to play for philly?

On 8/30/2017 at 2:50 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

But like Wisco, you like to twist shit. That's ok.for philly?

LOL, yeah "like me"... you're the one thats full of shit

Edited by wiscotitansfan

6 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

LOL, yeah "like me"... you're the one thats full of shit

Yes. I'm full of shit because I believe Lonzo has the ability to be great and LA has the potential to land James and or George. 

If that's being full of shit, I can't imagine how you would define Ofantic who thinks HOU vould beat LA if they added George and James.

Of course, I quoted him saying that and mentioned you because I wanted to see if you were a man of your word. Remember, you said you'd single out anyone saying ridiculous shit. Of course you weren't. You didn't say shit about it.

You just have this fascination with trolling Laker fans.

You've been discredited. No need to talk bball with you anymore.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/08/29/2017-18-nba-season-over-under-win-totals-all-30-teams-released/614279001/

@Little Earl 

Those are the Westgate Las Vegas odds on win totals for this year.

Philly at 42.5

LA at 33.5

9 game difference.

I challenge you to an avatar bet.

We all know the West was considerably better than the East last year. On top of that CHI and IND only got worse by losing their best player.

I only ask for 6.5 games. I bet that LAs record is within at least 6 games of Phillys. Winner picks losers avatar. 

So how confident are you in your team staying healthy and producing like you expect them to if they are?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this