Bench

Tyler Ennis

Jordan Clarkson

Josh Hart

Loul Deng

Larry Nance

Ivan Zubac

Corey Brewer/Thomas Robinson/Kyle Kuzma/Timothy Bryant

Adding KCP really helps the depth for at least this year. Providing none of Lopez, Ball, or Ingram get hurt, I think they reach the mid to high 30s and could threaten 40 wins.

They are also really set up well for next year. And once Dengs contract is up, even better.

At this point, the way Ingram looked in his first game, I'm making Cousins a priority next year over PG. LeBron 1, Boogie 2, George 3.

Perfect world they get two. Hopefully worst case scenario is they land one.

Regardless of the natural hate some of you have for LA or the enjoyment of just busting my balls, I don't think any of you can say Magic and Pelinka haven't done a fantastic job since taking over while keeping a straight face.

They receive an A for the job they've done so far. They set themselves up for being able to potentially land two max players next year while still making them more competitive this year.

5 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

PG - Lonzo Ball

SG - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

SF - Brandon Ingram

PF - Julius Randle

C - Brook Lopez

Bench

Tyler Ennis

Jordan Clarkson

Josh Hart

Loul Deng

Larry Nance

Ivan Zubac

Corey Brewer/Thomas Robinson/Kyle Kuzma/Timothy Bryant

Adding KCP really helps the depth for at least this year. Providing none of Lopez, Ball, or Ingram get hurt, I think they reach the mid to high 30s and could threaten 40 wins.

They are also really set up well for next year. And once Dengs contract is up, even better.

At this point, the way Ingram looked in his first game, I'm making Cousins a priority next year over PG. LeBron 1, Boogie 2, George 3.

Perfect world they get two. Hopefully worst case scenario is they land one.

Boogie and PG would be good signings. I have no clue what Lebron is going to do. I don't see why he would leave Cleveland. 

10 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Boogie and PG would be good signings. I have no clue what Lebron is going to do. I don't see why he would leave Cleveland. 

It would seem odd but they really do have to redo that entire team. Their bench is absolutely garbage and old. Love is a one trick pony.

I think it makes a lot of sense for LeBron to join a team like the Lakers or the 76ers providing they stay healthy.

A young team that can run and gun and let him take over when they need him to. And someone who can close...lol

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

It would seem odd but they really do have to redo that entire team. Their bench is absolutely garbage and old. Love is a one trick pony.

I think it makes a lot of sense for LeBron to join a team like the Lakers or the 76ers providing they stay healthy.

A young team that can run and gun and let him take over when they need him to. And someone who can close...lol

I agree about Cleveland but staying there gives him the best chance at going to finals for the foreseeable future. The question is does he want to join a bunch of young guys who havent done anything or stay with proven vets? I see him sticking with proven vets.

8 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Magic has done ok, but I believe he will regret taking Ball.    In time we shall see 

What makes you say just ok? And why would he regret Ball?

35 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

What makes you say just ok? And why would he regret Ball?

I think others like Tatum and Fox will be all stars, but not Ball.   Obviously I could be wrong, but he can't defend and his weird shot might not get fixed.   

Too early to say Magic has done great.   He gave away Russell, so we have to wait and see how that pans out in free agency next year.    And see how Ball turns out.  JCP is meaningless as he is for just one year on a bad team.   

11 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

I think others like Tatum and Fox will be all stars, but not Ball.   Obviously I could be wrong, but he can't defend and his weird shot might not get fixed.   

Too early to say Magic has done great.   He gave away Russell, so we have to wait and see how that pans out in free agency next year.    And see how Ball turns out.  JCP is meaningless as he is for just one year on a bad team.   

You don't need to defend to be an All Star. Or even an MVP candidate, as we've seen.

And if you think Fox should have been a consideration, Russell still would have had to been shipped. We weren't taking Tatum with Ingram and Randle. That would be like Philly taking 3 Cs in 4 years. Sets you back.

I think Russell could still be a very good scoring PG, but he doesn't have the leadership qualities that Ball does. 

And if you like their potential to be All Stars, you should like that he acquired an All Star C in Lopez, which are hard to come by. If they can't get Cousins (if they even try) I think they'll retain Lopez as long as he is willing to take a slight pay cut.

Then Mozgovs contract. If he didn't move that, we don't have the ability to get 2 max players and therefore, LeBron wouldn't even be a rumor. Even if that's all it ends up being anyway.

He opened up a lot of doors this summer and now he just has to hope he can get the right people to walk through them.

He also turned the Nets pick into 2 other picks. Hart and Kuzma. Kuzma actually looks good. Looks like an Ariza with better rebounding but not as good on the perimeter defensively.

On 7/12/2017 at 9:34 PM, Little Earl said:

Too early to say Magic has done great.

Of course it is, he's barely been better than he was as their head coach with his 5-11 record in '94 finishing with 10 straight losses.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

Bink   
On 7/12/2017 at 11:00 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

You don't need to defend to be an All Star. Or even an MVP candidate, as we've seen.

And if you think Fox should have been a consideration, Russell still would have had to been shipped. We weren't taking Tatum with Ingram and Randle. That would be like Philly taking 3 Cs in 4 years. Sets you back.

I think Russell could still be a very good scoring PG, but he doesn't have the leadership qualities that Ball does. 

And if you like their potential

to be All Stars, you should like that he acquired an All Star C in Lopez, which are hard to come by. If they can't get Cousins (if they even try) I think they'll retain Lopez as long as he is willing to take a slight pay cut.

Then Mozgovs contract. If he didn't move that, we don't have the ability to get 2 max players and therefore, LeBron wouldn't even be a rumor. Even if that's all it ends up being anyway.

He opened up a lot of doors this summer and now he just has to hope he can get the right people to walk through them.

He also turned the Nets pick into 2 other picks. Hart and Kuzma. Kuzma actually looks good. Looks like an Ariza with better rebounding but not as good on the perimeter defensively.

Dumb shit about Kuzma aside (he looks fine sure, but chill) I don't think you can look at this offseason and give them anything but an A. I don't think they'll be as good as you do, but they improved and built for the future. Getting rid of Russell and snagging Ball, ditching the Moz contract, etc. It was a good offseason for sure. 

Just now, Bink said:

Dumb shit about Kuzma aside (he looks fine sure, but chill) I don't think you can look at this offseason and give them anything but an A. I don't think they'll be as good as you do, but they improved and built for the future. Getting rid of Russell and snagging Ball, ditching the Moz contract, etc. It was a good offseason for sure. 

Agree they did the moves to put themselves in a position to succeed. They can still fall flat on their face if they can't sign some top quality talent though . 

10 hours ago, Bink said:

Dumb shit about Kuzma? He looked fine? You really must not have been watching....

That's better than Ariza and he will be.

Even Mark Jackson questioning how he lasted until pick 28 for LA.

And Trevor Arias was the 42nd pick in round two.

Bet you anything he has a better career than Ariza. And really, him being better than Ariza is all I said. You act like I said he's going to be LeBron.

Everyone keeps crying about it being summer league.

LeBron, Harden, Curry and other greats have played in the summer league.

Kuzma and Ball aren't just playing ok, they are owning the summer league. And thats what good players should do in the summer league. Own it.

Averaging 17.0 points, 9.8 assists, 8.3 rebounds, 3.3 steals and 1.5 blocks, Ball has somehow managed to brighten the already-blinding spotlight on himself.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/170714-lonzo-ball

Damn there averaging a triple double. No one has EVER done that.

whole world watching, young Bronny averaged 15.8 points, 7.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists in that year’s summer league
Read more at

Wait, Ball averaging more points than the great freak of nature in LeBron? Really?http://www.slamonline.com/media/slam-tv/lebron-james-2003-summer-league-highlights/#YYgODviOJal7yuyQ.99

In 2009, long before he was crowned MVP and NBA champion, a fresh-faced Curry showed up and showed out in Las Vegas as the Warriors' No. 7 pick. He averaged 17.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 4.2 assists, which, compared to other current NBA stars, was a pretty impressive showing

Wait, Ball averaging more assists and slightly less points than the best 3 ball shooter weve seen in the great Curry? http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/stephen-curry-summer-league-highlights-2009-las-vegas-warriors/6yxcnohoxqgs1r1bwol59ofbw

So everyone wants to say Ball isn't playing anyone. Yet he is posting better nunbers in a summer league when everyone is saying this draft is the best since probably Lebrons.

You can play or you can't. And Kuzma and Ball are both playing as good if not better than ANYONE who has played in the summer league.

And no one can come up with a reason why it won't continue. Obviously they won't do that in year one of the NBA. Hell, Kuzma probably won't get much PT in year one, but with some experience and practice, they will be big pieces moving forward for LA.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this