Chiefs Request Permission to Interview Cowden

tgo

10 minutes ago, TeamRamrod27 said:

The JRob Tree begins...

Cowden only spent one season with Jrob. Sounds like they actually moved up the ranks in similar fashion and time. Started as low level scouts and worked their way up to being executives. Hopefully we say no just because of the timing but Cowden isn't a guy that we will be able to hold onto if we continue to be successful.

Edited by CaliTitan3518

3 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Cowden only spent one season with Jrob. Sounds like they actually moved up the ranks in similar fashion and time. Started as low level scouts and worked their way up to being executives. Hopefully we say no just because of the timing but Cowden isn't a guy that we will be able to hold onto if we continue to be successful.

Timing? Aren't all of those guys pretty much on vacation for awhile. 

2 hours ago, japan said:

Timing? Aren't all of those guys pretty much on vacation for awhile. 

I don't think JRob wants to be finding a new right hand man a couple of weeks before training camp. Crowden is the director of player personnel so he just isn't some scout you need to replace. 

5 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I don't think JRob wants to be finding a new right hand man a couple of weeks before training camp. Crowden is the director of player personnel so he just isn't some scout you need to replace. 

I was thinking about this. I can't imagine teams are very happy having their key FO people interviewed a month before camp. There's a proper time to do these things, and now isn't the time. They should just use the top assistant act as GM for the season & then start the search next year. 

Its kind of annoying.