Deep tissue/sports massage?

OILERMAN

I'm thinking about signing up for some sports massages but don't know if they are really that beneficial? I have no real pains aside from overall soreness from working out and walking 15-20 miles a day. I've read they can actually cause problems in some cases.

Is it worth it, anyone know?

For the past 2-3 years I have been getting a massage every 3-4 weeks. I have a regular girl who comes to my house with a table. She mainly does a combo Swedish/deep tissue massage but she's trained in sports massage and will also stretch me or work on specific minor injuries too if necessary.  In the past she has had Chargers players as clients.

I highly recommend it and if you can find a mobile masseuse who comes to your house, it's much cheaper than going to a spa and convenient time saver. 

43 minutes ago, abenjami said:

For the past 2-3 years I have been getting a massage every 3-4 weeks. I have a regular girl who comes to my house with a table. She mainly does a combo Swedish/deep tissue massage but she's trained in sports massage and will also stretch me or work on specific minor injuries too if necessary.  In the past she has had Chargers players as clients.

I highly recommend it and if you can find a mobile masseuse who comes to your house, it's much cheaper than going to a spa and convenient time saver. 

Too many jokes in my brain right now. Toooooo many.

7 hours ago, abenjami said:

Exactly the type of thing I'm considering

3 hours ago, Denali said:

Here's a website that has a lot of information on getting massages:

https://www.massagerooms.com/

Also http://www.asianspafinder.com/ or https://www.rubmaps.com/  will help you find a quality massage parlor in your area.

Edited by heyitsmeallen

15 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I'm thinking about signing up for some sports massages but don't know if they are really that beneficial? I have no real pains aside from overall soreness from working out and walking 15-20 miles a day. I've read they can actually cause problems in some cases.

Is it worth it, anyone know?

I think a day-a-week program of doing strenuous stretching and/or yoga would be more beneficial.  It would stretch the muscles in their normal course of action helping to add flexibility to your normal muscle process. 

2 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

If you don't have a certain issue I don't think a deep tissue massage is necessary or worth it. 

Well they do feel great regardless of whether or not you have a certain issue...

2 hours ago, abenjami said:

Well they do feel great regardless of whether or not you have a certain issue...

Not disagreeing with that lol. He stated his concern with deep tissue massages so idk if it's worth it to him if he doesn't have any issues he is trying to get through. 

I work with a runner that swears by the deep tissue stuff.  She dreads it, but does it on a weekly basis.  She runs Boston, Ragnarok, any marathon she can, etc.  She also hits up the chiropractor on the regular as well.