Would you oppose a draft lottery?

kyle021

48 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Teams tank in the NBA too, talent purges are and always will be a thing in every single professional sport

It's always been more rare in the NFL though.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hell no, that'd be awful

If it ain't broke, don't break it.

On the other hand, I don't support any type of lottery because my wife/sister sells all our hard-earned foodstamps and WIC to play it! I tried to punch some sense into her and now she only lets her bo

4 hours ago, Face said:

The Jets are as blatantly tanking as any team I've ever seen. They're getting Sam Darnold, hell or highwater. 

Much harder to do in the NFL. They are not exactly ditching superstars

Could they have really added much in the off season to be much better? No

1 hour ago, Rolltide said:

Do we have any real concrete evidence that a team quit on purpose to get the top draft pick? Teams with no chance to win anything will make decisions differently than a team that is contending for a playoff spot. They will take fewer chances with injuries and they will try to get some experience for younger players. That's not quitting. Where is the evidence of systemic quitting to lose games on purpose?

I remember in 2011 when the colts beat us in the 14th game. One of the worst moments in titan history. They acted like they had won the super bowl. What did they do the next week? They won again! Winning 2 of your last 3 games cannot be called laying down. 

Pretty sure they were 0-13 and had the first pick on lock by that time. 

Better yet, let's tie it into reality TV.  Connect it with The Bachelorette.  20 male contestants all competing for winning the chance to propose to the one female, and before the season starts, each contestant is secretly associated with one of the NFL teams that didn't make the playoffs (but neither the audience nor the contestants know which teams were assigned to which players).

When the show ends, they reveal the NFL teams that were associated with each contestant, and the draft order is the order in which the contestants finished.  The team associated with the winner gets the first pick, etc...

It's genius.  Reality TV meets the NFL draft. 

Genius.

4 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Yes. Tampa Bay 3 years ago. They pulled all their starters in week 17 with a lead at the half to preserve the #1 pick.

Most blatant ever..... They were beating the Saints and pulled their starters

I'd rather have Mariota over Winston anyway!

I think its fine the way it is. As it stands the good teams usually trade up for 1 great player giving the worse teams at the top more "good" picks. Or if your team really sucks and there is a Sure fire QB there and you dont have one you can start the rebuilding process with him. I know Cleveland has blown about every first round pick they ever had but i think thats more on the management of that team rather than the talent they have. Now that they may have a competent system the top picks can help balance the league out and create good games no matter who is playing