Sunday Ticket (2017)

abenjami

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This morning, I called Directv to cancel my Sunday Ticket subscription.  As I do every year, I planned to call back in a couple of months right before the season starts to re-subscribe and haggle over

Willing to lose thousands of dollars by trying to time the market... pinches pennies with Sunday Ticket.

I fucking hate you, no seriously...

Just now, oldschool said:

I fucking hate you, no seriously...

You should call today.  Perhaps it's a sweet spot in time for these deals.  It was never as easy as it was this morning.  I literally made no effort.  I called and said I wanted to cancel my Sunday Ticket subscription.  The rep asked why.  I said it has become too expensive and I don't watch it enough to justify the higher cost.  She immediately said we can give it to you for $99 if you don't cancel.  I said, ok that would be worth it for me.

9 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Willing to lose thousands of dollars by trying to time the market... pinches pennies with Sunday Ticket.

Some things are easier to predict than others and me saving money on Sunday Ticket is a slam dunk.

Do they even have an online only subscription service yet? I thought I remembered hearing about one but it was garbage? 

I would like to get it, but I no longer have DirecTV so I'm just looking for other options. The illegal stream method wore me down last season.

1 minute ago, TeamRamrod27 said:

Do they even have an online only subscription service yet? I thought I remembered hearing about one but it was garbage?

They have the past 3 years. It's $100

It's through DirecTV too

They gave it to me for $99 at the end of the year last year because I told them I didn't think I would be renewing it again because I didn't feel rewarded for my loyalty considering I've had it every season for close to a decade and people get it free all the time. They didn't hesitate at all to give me the discount. 

Edited by heyitsmeallen

28 minutes ago, Adams said:

Should have held out a little longer...I got mine for free.  Two years in a row.

I'm sure I could have gotten it free.  Heck in some years past they have actually paid me to have it by giving me bill credits that added up to more than I paid.

I took it today for $99 because it saves me the time of calling back to haggle.  The time saved was worth it to me.

55 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

They have the past 3 years. It's $100

It's through DirecTV too

So it's a service you can get even if you don't have Directv at all? And is it not terrible any more? I had it the year it was free with madden and it didn't work at all a few times.

54 minutes ago, TeamRamrod27 said:

I would like to get it, but I no longer have DirecTV so I'm just looking for other options. The illegal stream method wore me down last season.

Same for me. The stream I was watching the KC game on (in 144p, mind you) paused and skidded when the ball was in the air from Succop. I missed it and had to rely on gamecast. I guess it was a more interesting experience though.

Just now, TeamRamrod27 said:

So it's a service you can get even if you don't have Directv at all? And is it not terrible any more? I had it the year it was free with madden and it didn't work at all a few times.

There's been a game or two every year I have had a lot of difficulties with (first year was that Madden deal) but overall the service is fantastic.

It's the exact same service but has gotten slightly more consistent every year but def not 100% yet. That being said, $100 is still quite the deal until Titans games start being more nationally televised since 13-15 games you won't be able to see otherwise are well worth $100.

I've also noticed that if the game works fine from the start it will generally be fine for the entire game so if there is a problem usually there is enough time to still see the game.