Dashcam Footage of Philando Castile Shooting Released

pat

33 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

It all happened so fast and the cop seemed to be OK with the fact he said he had a gun. The victim had no idea the danger he was in. It all happened in a split second.

The cop totally seemed OK with the fact he said he had a gun until the guy did something to scare the shit out of the cop.  And you can't deny the cop yelled at him multiple times to stop doing it before he opened fire.

But yeah, I agree this cop appears to have overreacted judging by just that video.  There has to be more to this given the fact the jury found him innocent.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's no way to watch that video and come away thinking Colin Kaepernick is a starting quarterback

That cop is a huge pussy. He was essentially terrified of a black man with a gun. As soon as the black guy said he had a gun the cop shit his pants and opened fire at the slightest movement.

The jury should be ashamed if themselves.

12 minutes ago, abenjami said:

There has to be more to this given the fact the jury found him innocent.

I heard the way the jury was suppose to rule and it did totally favor the cop.

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

I heard the way the jury was suppose to rule and it did totally favor the cop.

I assume you're talking about the standard being they have to acquit if they believe the cop reasonably feared his life was in danger?

If so, that's pretty much what I meant. There's gotta be something else we don't know that made 12 people feel the cop had a reason to fear for his life. 

7 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I assume you're talking about the standard being they have to acquit if they believe the cop reasonably feared his life was in danger?

If so, that's pretty much what I meant. There's gotta be something else we don't know that made 12 people feel the cop had a reason to fear for his life. 

I haven't seen or heard anything, which is why it's so ridiculous

14 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I haven't seen or heard anything, which is why it's so ridiculous

That's why these YouTube videos are sort of pointless to get all worked up over.  Most of them are presented with a bias.

It's like watching Fox News and trying to say you are making an intelligent conclusion because they told you everything you need to know.  

24 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I heard the jury had difficulty in agreeing and they kept making them go back and deliberate.  One juror said the specific wording of the law for negligence was a main factor in their verdict.  

We can't know what happened from the video, but the audio makes it pretty questionable as to what Castile was doing to make the cop keep repeating don't pull it out. 

It seems to me he over reacted, but I can't say the cop didn't have reason for concern.  

What was the second cop doing on the passenger side? When the shots started firing, he immediately put both hands to radio dispatch instead of drawing his weapon. Then he goes off screen, and returns in screen with still no weapon in hand. I don't think I have ever seen this reaction before.

49 minutes ago, Titanjuicy said:

What was the second cop doing on the passenger side? When the shots started firing, he immediately put both hands to radio dispatch instead of drawing his weapon. Then he goes off screen, and returns in screen with still no weapon in hand. I don't think I have ever seen this reaction before.

It's a good question. Maybe he thought the seven rounds fired disabled the threat. 

3 hours ago, Titanjuicy said:

I think that's the most suspicious part of the whole video.  The guy seems rather nonchalant about the whole situation.  He's certainly not in back-up mode.

21 hours ago, abenjami said:

No.  Look at my first post.  I clearly said I would probably hold this particular cop guilty.

Are you saying this "victim" did absolutely nothing that flies in the face of using common sense?

2 hours ago, Titansgoodluckcharm said:

Yes

How do you explain the part of the video where the cop tells him multiple times not to reach for it and the guy keeps doing it?

Are you saying the guy was not reaching for anything and the cop just said that to make it look like a good reason to shoot him?

5 minutes ago, abenjami said:

No.  Now answer my questions...

Not that it matters.  When a cop has his hand on his gun, pay close attention to everything he says, and if you're smart, you follow his every instruction to the letter.

1 minute ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Not that it matters.  When a cop has his hand on his gun, pay close attention to everything he says, and if you're smart, you follow his every instruction to the letter.

I think it's fairly obvious the cop did not have his gun drawn as he initially had no fear for his life.  Then the driver scared him and that's when he drew it.

35 minutes ago, abenjami said:

How do you explain the part of the video where the cop tells him multiple times not to reach for it and the guy keeps doing it?

Are you saying the guy was not reaching for anything and the cop just said that to make it look like a good reason to shoot him?

I imagine the dude was reaching for his wallet and got testy with the cop. Was it smart? Fuck no. Is it a big enough mistake to lose your life over? Double fuck no. 

23 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I imagine the dude was reaching for his wallet and got testy with the cop. Was it smart? Fuck no. Is it a big enough mistake to lose your life over? Double fuck no. 

Watch the video again. The cop asked for his license and registration first and the guy had already handed it to him. 

Then while the cop is looking at it, the guy says he has a firearm "on him".

The cop is still calm at this point and says ok don't reach for it then, don't pull it out.

The guy starts doing something and says I'm gonna have to pull it out. 

The cop again says don't pull it out and the guy doesn't stop.

Watch the first 1:25 of the video again. The cop is totally calm and obviously does not feel threatened as he's explaining the brake light being out.