Welcome to Titans Report

We noticed that you are viewing as a guest. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! Best of all, members never see ads on the forum! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mercalius

Eric Decker Signs w/ Titans - One Year Deal

288 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, big2033 said:

It's starting to seem like they're not counting on Sharpe:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2017/06/21/does-titans-receiver-tajae-sharpe-have-tenuous-grasp-roster-spot/414927001/

A year after winning a starting job in training camp, Sharpe may have a difficult time carving out a role in the Titans’ offense.

“He’ll have a chance,” Mularkey said. “He’s got to get healthy. Again, that’s another one of those injuries, based on the person, how it heals. Hopefully he’s back for camp. That was the plan. We’ve just got to see how the bone heals. But he’ll compete like I know he will. Just like everybody has to on this team.”

Seems like he's got a lot going on.

He's a good WR and can get better and always stick around if he just stays healthy and out of trouble. Decker only has a few years left and even with Taylor I could see all 4 WR's getting burn in games and then if someone is out, he's right in the rotation.

Could also be a good fit in other places needing security because he's such a good route runner. He made some plays for us last year

4 minutes ago, Titansgoodluckcharm said:

Seems like he's got a lot going on.

He's a good WR and can get better and always stick around if he just stays healthy and out of trouble. Decker only has a few years left and even with Taylor I could see all 4 WR's getting burn in games and then if someone is out, he's right in the rotation.

Could also be a good fit in other places needing security because he's such a good route runner. He made some plays for us last year

Also, the article had this stat:

Sharpe was the second-most-productive wide receiver on the team last season, behind Rishard Matthews, but he caught just 41 of 83 targets (49 percent) for 522 yards and two touchdowns, and the Titans’ passing game ranked among the worst in the league. From Week 4 onward, as noted by Pro Football Focus, Sharpe averaged just 28.4 receiving yards per game.

Catching less than 50% of your targets from such an accurate passer is a glaring stat I'm sure the staff looked at.

JNew, Pragidealist, begooode and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

Also, the article had this stat:

Sharpe was the second-most-productive wide receiver on the team last season, behind Rishard Matthews, but he caught just 41 of 83 targets (49 percent) for 522 yards and two touchdowns, and the Titans’ passing game ranked among the worst in the league. From Week 4 onward, as noted by Pro Football Focus, Sharpe averaged just 28.4 receiving yards per game.

Catching less than 50% of your targets from such an accurate passer is a glaring stat I'm sure the staff looked at.

Didn't seem like he was getting open. I don't remember many but had a drop or two. I remember that's when the speed talk started and Mathews started coming on.

It'll be tough with Taylor but I think he's a good player to have on the team. Any team really.