Eric Decker Signs w/ Titans - One Year Deal

Mercalius

46 minutes ago, Face said:

I can see Davis being the one who moves to the slot in the 3 wide. For one, he was absolutely awesome inside in college. His last year he averaged 5 yards per route run inside, which is insane. But I also don't see Decker as the slot guy like everybody else. He's a 6'3, physical WR who uses his size to make plays. I really see him as more of an outside guy.

Then again Davis is basically 6'3 as well, so who knows.

Decker has been one of the top slot wr in the league the last four or five years, why change that.

Edited by Huston

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope none of you were around Tajae when this was announced!

Lol someone on said this.    

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Number9 said:

Being left handed is a sure sign of incompetence. On the first tee, I used to stop left-handed golfers before they hit the ball.  I would say "I see what your problem is."  "WHAT"  "You are standing on the wrong side of the ball."  Occasionally, I thought I was going to get hit with a club.

oh, youuuu

Edited by titanruss

10 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Decker is the #1 with Matthews as the #2 imo

This allows us to integrate Davis into the starting lineup early in the year and transition Decker into the slot by midseason. 

Its perfect. 

No doubt Davis can step right in and be the guy but if you can get a proven WR to start across from Matthews from the jump and allow Davis to focus solely on one spot it would be tremendous for Davis and his development. 

It also allows Taylor the same. 

What part of Davis' game makes you think he isn't ready to be the #1 right out the gate?

6 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

If you add up the catches, yards, and TD's of all the team's other WR's, they don't even come close to Decker's career stats.

2015 and before are ancient history in today's league. 

Edited by No1TitansFan

Decker is going to play where needed..right now we have a lot of unknown at the WR position.  We know what we have in Matthews, Douglas and pretty much Decker.  Davis is going to play but scary part is it takes just a minor or nagging injury to set a rookie back.  Taylor probably is slated to be worked in the lineup over time.

all goes well and I think Mathews and Davis is 1 and 2 or 2 and 1 on the outside.  Davis will determine that with his play. Decker is in the slot.

hopefully sharpe shows he is a pro and is the #4.  Taylor is making the team of course but I don't see the coaching staff trying to force him on the field.  They will go with the vet Decker regardless so Taylor could be a gameday inactive but that will be decided by who the last reciever is.  

I think the Titans are going to want to keep Douglas but obviously he's not playing special teams.  

Sounds weird but I think if Sharpe has a good camp and comes in competing hard with Davis and Matthews than we could have a really good WR group. If he is competing with Douglas to stay on the team than that is a bad sign for the group.

1 hour ago, Alcibiades said:

Davis will be our clear number one by midseason. Matthews is number 2. Decker is 3. Some of you are greatly underestimating Matthews. Go back and watch how he played this year. 

If Davis can step up and take the number one spot and then have Rishard and Decker as 2 and 3 with Delanie as the TE AND Murray and Henry in the backfield ANDD one of the best o lines in the league. We have never been this stacked before on offense. Get ready fellas some exciting football is upon us