P-series post, from poster here?

9 Nines

5 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

What TV did you get?  I am trying to decide whether to return a KS to get a P series. 

I actually never made a move on one. The more I read, I decided I'd rather just save up for an OLED.

Recently, I've been gaming on a monitor more than my TV so that kind of made it easier not to buy a new TV just yet. From what I've heard though, the KS8000 is the way to go if OLED is out of your budget.

30 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I actually never made a move on one. The more I read, I think I'd rather just save up for an OLED.

Recently, I've been gaming on a monitor more than my TV so that kind of made it easier not to buy a new TV just yet. From what I've heard though, the KS8000 is the way to go if OLED is out of your budget.

That is what I was planning but it fail apart when I got one because I got concerned about the growing reports of burn-in and returned it.  I got a B6 about a month ago.  Got a great deal ($2300 for a 65 inch) and panel was perfect.  After getting it, I started paying more attention to message forums discussing it, trying to learn about best settings, etc.  I noticed many recent reports of burn-in.  It is mainly happening from yellow logos on TV stations and yellow images in games. Some have even reported burn-in images from the LG icons on its on-screen settings - there is some screen that has a LG trademark logo right in the middle, and some screens are having that permanently burned into them.  LG is refusing warranty claims on it. 

That risk combined with that it was just better in some scenes made me return it.  For the price, had there been no burn-in risk, I probably would have kept it. 

Also, something else that concerned me is that some people who have logged ~1000 hours of movie watching are reporting that the bottom and top areas of the screen are noticeably brighter/clearer than the middle of the screen.  The hypothesis is that the OLED pixels are aging very quickly and the black bars on movies are causing less hours of usage on those pixels, since they completely shut off, and therefore they do not match the middle of screen pixel that have aged.  This was known to happen to OLED pixels but LG estimates it would take at least 50K hours for it to show.  With the increase in reports, it seems they missed that estimate.  

Here is a thread where people are posting pictures of the burn-in:  http://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/2804065-oled-screen-burn-photos.html

Example:  news banner permanently part of this TV's screen:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2093449&d=14

Oh man. Very interesting. It's crazy to me that as great as TVs have gotten, there's still not a "perfect" one out there.

The main TV I game on (when not using my monitor) is one of the last Panasonic plasmas. I actually have a small amount of burn-in from playing games on it, but it's really only noticeable when there's a bright/white scene in the area.

11 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Oh man. Very interesting. It's crazy to me that as great as TVs have gotten, there's still not a "perfect" one out there.

The main TV I game on (when not using my monitor) is one of the last Panasonic plasmas. I actually have a small amount of burn-in from playing games on it, but it's really only noticeable when there's a bright/white scene in the area.

I had a plasma but it never had permanent burn-in. Based on these reports on the current OLED TVs, I would not be able to enjoy the TV knowing it was prone to burn-in.  Be worried about news stations, stations with logos, black bar movies, gaming - then no point to the TV (nothing to watch.)

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

I actually have a small amount of burn-in from playing games on it, but it's really only noticeable when there's a bright/white scene in the area.

On the OLED, it shows against certain colors.  I read that whole thread, and there are a few posters who posted that they had no problem with burn-in, then a week later they would write something such as,"I was watching a tennis match on clay courts that were a reddish color and I kept see symbols on the court and then I checked with a solid red screen and sure-enough I have burn-in and now that I know it is there I see it all the time on all kinds of scenes." 

12 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Someone stole my name AND avatar?!

Unfortunately, forum identity theft is a constant threat and we're all at risk.

I'm constantly having my username and avatar stolen and used on random gay hookup websites....fan forums for scatophilia, extreme insertions, and animal fetishes... local Craigslist ads offering money for sex with homeless transvestites.    

So for anyone who sees my likeness on any of those sites.....I must have been hacked.

For what it's worth.  I've had the 65" B6 since December.   Haven't had any such issues.   I don't game on it,  and I have never made any effort to avoid watching any particular source such as news programming etc.

Archived