Icing On Cake - Tennessee, SIGN KAEPERNICK

TitanRein27

Forget Eric Decker, which I give a 50/50 chance to happen today. You wanna solidify the most important position in regards to depth? Sign the best available quarterback, that can not only compliment this exotic/smash-mouth offense, but become more than just marginal when it matters most "if" the worse happens.

Marcus has had two back-to-back season ending injuries, and an upgrade in the backup position is as almost important as winning games in the NFL. Especially with the expectations and possibilities of this Titans team, heading into the 2017 season.  

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this thread isn't going to die, can we at least move it into another forum?  At this point, 95% of it is political/off-topic now.

47 pages on a guy that the team will never sign.  That's TR for ya. 

You can't build an offense based on what Marcus does well, with his full-field reads, accuracy and quick release, and then plug Kaepernick into it. That has NO chance of succeeding.  That is not

Posted Images

If Mariota goes down it won't matter who the backup is, the offense will have to change. There simply aren't many (if any) qbs who have the same skill set as him. Luck and Rogers come to mind but I doubt we're going to see them on our bench this year.

39 minutes ago, BJShan said:

If Mariota goes down it won't matter who the backup is, the offense will have to change. There simply aren't many (if any) qbs who have the same skill set as him. Luck and Rogers come to mind but I doubt we're going to see them on our bench this year.

Maybe not.  But I think you could take someone like Tanney and teach him to run a simplified version of it, with fewer reads.

Don't forget the backup QB still has to run the offense in training camp so they can evaluate all other players -- offense and defense.  With a "he just makes plays; a baller" QB, assessing the talent and players trying to get better become very different challenges.

3 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

You can't build an offense based on what Marcus does well, with his full-field reads, accuracy and quick release, and then plug Kaepernick into it.

That has NO chance of succeeding.  That is not Kaep's game and never has been.

So true. Mariota, Wilson, A Rod... can all run, but they win in the pocket. 

2 hours ago, BJShan said:

They wouldn't change the offense if Marcus went down. You can' do that in the middle of the season. They would give the backup a limited playbook.

1 hour ago, freakingeek said:

They wouldn't change the offense if Marcus went down. You can' do that in the middle of the season. They would give the backup a limited playbook.

That would be changing the offense. I'm not talking about drawing up a new system but there aren't a lot of QBs who can run the same plays that Marcus can.