so glad Kendall Wright is gone

Sounded like Kendall was a bit of a slacker with an attitude. It'll be interesting to see how he does this year.

from this article

And while no one has ever come right out and said it, the way Wright operates and works and the way the team expects players to operate and work do not seem to match up.

"It's not for every player, the way we do things here,” coach Mike Mularkey said when asked about Wright, before moving on to how the team will be evaluating all players in the weeks to come.

Wright was a healthy scratch for the team’s crucial Dec. 11 game against the Denver Broncos, punishment for being late to meetings the previous day. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More like Kendall WRONG, know what I'm sayin'? #owned #roasted #babygeniuses #bootymeat

not hard to see why Wright was phased out by Mularkey/JRob, his me first attitude doesn't mesh with the culture that is being developed here.  

Fuck you Merc! I was coming in to post a variation of this and you stole my Jamal joke's thunder.....I'm gonna post it anyway: More like Kendall WRONG.....AmIWright?!  

Posted Images

Wright would not survive in New England.  He wouldn't even see the field let alone make the team.  To play WR for the Patriots you have to be able to run crisp routes and learn a difficult playbook.  Wright has proven that he cannot do that.

6 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

How many playbooks did Chad learn after the Pats?  Or maybe he just sucked after 10 years in the league.

Yes, the Pats put extra demand on the WRs to read the defense which determines their routes.  And for most guys that is new and something they did not do in college.  That doesn't automatically mean a guy like Wright can't do it.  We shall see how Wright does in Chicago.   

Based on what we know about Wright I can't see him being successful in such a complicated system.  The Patriots for years have placed a lot of value on smarts for WR's.  

I have no doubt that he can be productive.  But on teams like NE and Ten with QB's who throw to a spot and expect the WR to be there he'd struggle.

That's probably why his numbers were so good with Locker.  Locker would normally not throw unless he saw the guy open.

On 6/13/2017 at 11:31 PM, Face said:

Well let's call a spade a spade.....he was much better WR than Tajae Sharpe. 

I get it, the Titans played the least amount of 3 wide in the league & Sharpe fits the bill more as an outside WR, but inside or outside, Wright was a much better WR than Sharpe last year.

Im not gonna bitch because I like the system & was happy with the results last year, but I would've liked to have seen them get more time for Wright when he came back from injury. They could've used his ability after the catch. Not exactly a major complaint though.

Wright was a better player, which shows how deadly serious about building this team's character the FO is. Looking back if we weren't so desperate at WR I say we would have cut Wright altogether, and we definitely were never re-signing him.

You gotta realize this is the same team that won't even sniff Brandon Marshall but brought in Eric Decker. Talent is a post-requisite from this organization from here on out.

On 6/14/2017 at 5:43 PM, wiscotitansfan said:

Lol, calling the kettle black much whining about millennials?

Really cheese-head-man...? Yes, yes, you're right - and thank you for making me feel so young! I just turned 27 yesterday, got the first job promotion the day before, spent three-months-salary on the ring, and just recently discovered the color columbia blue. All that, in just twenty seven years. Amazing, right?

Remind me something, Green Bay... What was that New Year's Eve all about, before things turned in another direction??? Riddle me that, genius!

How are you even a Titans fan? If you can answer that little trivia question without finger-fucking the internet, I'll qualify you with a hall pass.   

11 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Wrights statistically big season came after Palmer was fired with Loggains as the OC.  Loggains by the way is now with the Bears as their OC.  That is where Wright signed. 

Very, very, good, Soxcat. Finally, someone that knows something around here. Didn't want to waste anymore finger power on stating that very obvious fact, so thank you kindly. 

6 hours ago, TitanRein27 said:

Really cheese-head-man...? Yes, yes, you're right - and thank you for making me feel so young! I just turned 27 yesterday, got the first job promotion the day before, spent three-months-salary on the ring, and just recently discovered the color columbia blue. All that, in just twenty seven years. Amazing, right?

Remind me something, Green Bay... What was that New Year's Eve all about, before things turned in another direction??? Riddle me that, genius!

How are you even a Titans fan? If you can answer that little trivia question without finger-fucking the internet, I'll qualify you with a hall pass.   

Born in 1990? Solidly millennial.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

8 hours ago, TitanRein27 said:

Huh?

I don't know if you've ever heard of Eddie George but I would always play as the Oilers on NFL Blitz, not sure what is so wrong with that

8 hours ago, TitanRein27 said:

There's tons of fans on this board who have absolutely no ties to Tennessee or Houston and like the team for other reasons.  I'd say almost half of the main posters on this board fall into that category.

2 hours ago, scine09 said:

There's tons of fans on this board who have absolutely no ties to Tennessee or Houston and like the team for other reasons.  I'd say almost half of the main posters on this board fall into that category.

Fair enough 09. They shouldn't shit on those who are the oldest, over 40 from the X generation, following this team since the 70's. And many think Oilerman is the deepest franchise fan around here. But well said, I'll respect that.