OTAs Begin: Mariota is Back

Jonboy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

If you're looking for a negative, here's one...

Since Dodd went out, Mariota played in 5 games, broke his leg in the 5th, had surgery on the broken leg, rehabbed, and is now back for OTAs. Meanwhile, Dodd is still not 100% for OTAs.

The heck happened to that dude?

:mellow:

Complete botch-job by medical staff

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

If you're looking for a negative, here's one...

Since Dodd went out, Mariota played in 5 games, broke his leg in the 5th, had surgery on the broken leg, rehabbed, and is now back for OTAs. Meanwhile, Dodd is still not 100% for OTAs.

The heck happened to that dude?

:mellow:

Was getting ready to post this about Dodd Dudd. 

It is the off-season, so perfect time to over-read sub-text, but this is not the first time that Taywan Taylor gets un-prompted praise from key members of the Titans (Mariota, Mularkey, JRob).  It seems like through mini-camp and OTAs he has been as advertised.  If you are looking for a rookie to surpass expectations this year, I wouldn't sleep on Taylor.  He may be exactly the upgrade we needed in the slot.

16 minutes ago, Carpy said:

It is the off-season, so perfect time to over-read sub-text, but this is not the first time that Taywan Taylor gets un-prompted praise from key members of the Titans (Mariota, Mularkey, JRob).  It seems like through mini-camp and OTAs he has been as advertised.  If you are looking for a rookie to surpass expectations this year, I wouldn't sleep on Taylor.  He may be exactly the upgrade we needed in the slot.

Yep, Marcus went out of his way to say Taywan had a great day. Hopefully CD starts to impress as he makes his way back from the ankle surgery..

18 minutes ago, Carpy said:

He's my fav pick, I think he will be very good 

5 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Is it just me or does Mariota look a good bit bigger ?

He was in a commercial for the NFLN top 100, they just showed him pretending to write in his votes or whatever, but his arm definitely looked bigger & his neck was thicker. Looked like he hit the weights while rehabbing.

I really hope he is holding him out as a precaution, too many teams push guys to come back too early & they have setbacks. The folks calling him a bust are way ahead of themselves. That said, we are in nervous territory. Foot injuries are notoriously difficult to get over, there very mental. It only takes a little foot pain to totally throw a player off. Jevon Kearse was never the same after breaking his foot. This is just a stress fracture which you'd think would be fine after a few months of rest but it seems like he cannot shake the thing.