OTAs Begin: Mariota is Back

Jonboy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're looking for a negative, here's one...

Since Dodd went out, Mariota played in 5 games, broke his leg in the 5th, had surgery on the broken leg, rehabbed, and is now back for OTAs. Meanwhile, Dodd is still not 100% for OTAs.

The heck happened to that dude?

:mellow:

29 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Since Dodd went out, Mariota played in 5 games, broke his leg in the 5th, had surgery on the broken leg, rehabbed, and is now back for OTAs. Meanwhile, Dodd is still not 100% for OTAs.

He's getting close to bust territory. 

58 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I think it's safe to start gearing up the "Kevin Dudd" talk. Might not quite be time for full-blown, full-time use, but it's certainly headed that way.

5 minutes ago, Huston said:

That type of injury and him being a big guy is just going to take time to heal correctly and no amount of extra rehab is going to speed up the process. All the bust talk is just plain ignorance.

Agreed, If you listen to Mularkey you can hear how adamant he is about Dodd returning to "his self"..

Last year or even a month ago Mularkey didn't sound as sure as he does now.

4 minutes ago, Cam. said:

Agreed, If you listen to Mularkey you can hear how adamant he is about Dodd returning to "his self"..

Last year or even a month ago Mularkey didn't sound as sure as he does now.

And they waited until the 7th round to pick an OLB. I'm hoping that's a sign they're more encouraged about him recovering than we might think.

I didn't expect him to be ready for OTA. Just hope he's ready for TC and the regular season.

Edited by socaltitan

You read into that wrong

Mularkey said he is holding Dodd out as a precaution to make sure he is 100% when it matters. The follow-up question was could he practice now (or something like that), and Mularkey said be believed he could, but didn’t want to take any unnecessary risks. He lumped Dodd in with Klug as a precaution.

I’d rather him miss OTAs and start the actual training and preseason without any excuses… that way we can get a full effective assessment.

Sounds like the tweet was a little misleading about Dodd according to this MCM poster. I haven't listened to the Mularkey PC myself yet. This is a little more encouraging if true.
Edited by socaltitan

1 hour ago, titanskick8851 said:

Cue @Kyle021 saying "I told you so" in 5...4...3...2...1........

But truly this is awesome to hear and see. I feel like the energy this team has is going to carry us in the right direction.

Except he's still wrong considering he's not a full go