ESPN will have woman doing MNF play by play

abenjami

12 hours ago, TheBukafax said:

Glad I'm from Canada. I can see why you muricans voted in Trump lmfao. The only country in the world who is so unintelligent to from a cult around that moron

You have to be from Montreal...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm really not ok with it and I'm not afraid to say it. There's nothing "sexist" or "discriminatory" about my opinion either.  I would simply prefer to have a male call the games. 

She will be assigned to work with Rex Ryan. When asked about his thoughts, Rex Ryan said "I'm looking forward to it, and I want to make her feel right at home.  In fact, if she wants to kick off her s

Jesus, no one wants to hear some bimbo do play by play. Just have some hot blonde stand in the booth or on the sideline with her tits(and they better be big) half exposed and leave the play by pl

Posted Images

15 hours ago, TheBukafax said:

I see DeVos education plan is working out fabulously lol.

An auto-correct error is certainly a great way to judge one's educational accomplishments.

19 hours ago, Titansurf32 said:

This is why Espn is having layoffs.  Terrible business decisions.  Keep force feeding feminist agenda (7% of women) while revenues drop.

It's a very poor decision but they don't really seem to learn from their mistakes or care about the preferences of their audience..  Men will always be your core audience for sports media. Men like sports as an escape from life, work and women.

There's no way a majority of men enjoy a female commentator or prefer it over a generic male broadcaster.

Her voice is so monotone and lacks excitement.  Why would they pick her.  My wife by the way, hates most female voices on TV.  When Christina on "Flip or Flop" starts talking she makes me mute it immediately

I don't like the way she seems to trail the play.  No biggy though, I'll be listening to Mike Keith for the Titans anyways.

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Poor decision?  Remains to be seen.  What if a huge bunch of women tune in just because they use a woman play by play?  Even guys will watch out of curiosity.  Not really a bad decision but obviously a decision trying to shake up ratings.  She isn't taking over MNF.  Just doing one game. 

pay attention posters. Sox and I agree on something which means it's most likely the correct line of thinking. 

2 hours ago, h4t said:

Her voice is so monotone and lacks excitement.  Why would they pick her.  My wife by the way, hates most female voices on TV.  When Christina on "Flip or Flop" starts talking she makes me mute it immediately

My ex didn't like hearing women on sports cast either.

2 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Poor decision?  Remains to be seen.  What if a huge bunch of women tune in just because they use a woman play by play?  Even guys will watch out of curiosity.  Not really a bad decision but obviously a decision trying to shake up ratings.  She isn't taking over MNF.  Just doing one game. 

42 minutes ago, oldschool said:

pay attention posters. Sox and I agree on something which means it's most likely the correct line of thinking. 

It certainly might end up being a good decision for ESPN but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy listening to her.

24 minutes ago, abenjami said:

It certainly might end up being a good decision for ESPN but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy listening to her.

Do you really care about who announces the game? Most of them completely suck.It doesn't impact my ability to enjoy a game in the least.

16 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

There is nothing "feminist" about this move. ESPN isn't putting her on to "prove" that she's just as good as the men. Simply appealing to a female demographic isn't feminist.For example, those ridiculous pink fan jerseys that they very clearly market towards women are far from feminist and some could effectively argue that they're actually the opposite (sexist). This is either a cash grab or them just thinking she's the best for the job. Not everything is a part of the vast libtard/SJW/PC culture agenda. 

Dont leave out all the nerds, beta-males and jonathan martins

5 hours ago, Soxcat said:

In general women dont enjoy watching men's sports and hardly enjoy watching women's sports.  This move isnt some grand experiment that they can reach an untapped audience with.  ESPN has been trying to tap into the womens demographic using shows that have more of a TMZ feel to them as opposed to straight xs and os sports for over a decade now.  They have admitted to such.  Their ratings and revenues have dropped because in doing so they have lost their key male demographic.

11 minutes ago, Titansurf32 said:

Their ratings and revenues have dropped because in doing so they have lost their key male demographic.

NFL is a different beast than any other sport. No one, and I emphasize NO ONE, is going to turn the game off because attempts to get more demographics.

5 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Why would they do it if it wasn't an attempt to get higher ratings?  Not saying it will work.  Certainly they have a motive here.

My original point was that they are being social justice warriors and subsequently making bad business decisions.  They have bet and continue to bet on a losing horse.

1 hour ago, Titansurf32 said:

They have bet and continue to bet on a losing horse.

As I said, there is no losing horse in the NFL. This isn't going to mean anything besides possibly gaining a small female audience but even then, I don't know anyone dumb enough to turn a game on (or off) because a female announcer.

ESPN has made many bad decisions but the only ones NFL related in terms of them losing money is a) not talking about it more b) how much they paid for MNF rights.