If Lakers keep top 3 pick...

kyle021

2 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Keep dreaming. two years. No. Three years straight you kept saying we would lose our pick 

Did I? I might have the past 2 or 3 months, but I have absolutely no recollection of saying that for 2-3 years.

On 5/17/2017 at 10:38 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

I wouldn't mind a George trade if it was low. So maybe Russell and our 28th for George?

That's some wishful thinking there. If the Lakers really want George it will cost them the #2 overall pick, period.

Unless of course that 28th pick is somehow extremely valuable because it was traded for Lou Williams.

Although the only reason he was given away for so little was to make the Lakers an even worse team.

And that's certainly the kind of guy who should inspire the fans, someone trying to make the team worse. :rolleyes:

Edited by Oiler FANatic

On 5/17/2017 at 5:53 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

The only people giving up on these young talented Lakers are the fans that hate LA no matter who they have.

Or pretty much anyone with even the simplest understanding of the NBA who's not some Lakers homer.

The Nets and Lakers will compete for next year's #1 pick, again. Although the Nets lost it to Boston this year.

At least the Suns have Devin Booker to build around, which is a lot more than you can say about Brooklyn and LA.

7 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

i imagine this is all for Paul George

Is he really any better than Jimmy Butler, who the Bulls have been trying to get rid of for years now?

Even if the Lakers do trade their coveted #2 pick to the Pacers for him, will he really make them that much better?

6 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Is he really any better than Jimmy Butler, who the Bulls have been trying to get rid of for years now?

Even if the Lakers do trade their coveted #2 pick to the Pacers for him, will he really make them that much better?

Yes. Much rather have George over Butler. George can play 1,2&3

at all star level and is in his prime. 

You put together a team of Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, George, Randle, Mosgov, Deng, Nance, Zubaca and mix in sho we pick with the Houston 1st and FAs we are going to be very tough. We also have a great HC

Russel, Ingram, Clarkson, Randle are a great young group of players and Ingram had All Star potential and even Russell can turn into a "star" and is looking like he is already headed there. Kid is young. 

Mix in a vet like Paul George, Deng, Mosgov and maybe another guy in FA bc we have the cap to afford a top FA in addition to George and we will give a lot of teams fits and be back in the post season. 

Take away the Laker name and put another teams name on there with those players and you would be very arrogant to deny that potential/possibility/likelyhood

yes

Paul George puts us over the top. We have a nice bench and have great young talent with huge upside but just like every NBA team you need a superstar. 

Thats Paul George 

George is certainly an interesting situation with Indiana.   He wasn't good enough to make the All-NBA teams, so not eligible to receive the max contract from his own team.   But if he makes the All-NBA team next season, then his team can still offer him the max.   I seriously doubt George would turn down $70 million just to play in LA ($200M vs $130M).   There is some gamble here, but not so much that Indiana will back down much from their demands.  

12 hours ago, Little Earl said:

George is certainly an interesting situation with Indiana.   He wasn't good enough to make the All-NBA teams, so not eligible to receive the max contract from his own team.   But if he makes the All-NBA team next season, then his team can still offer him the max.   I seriously doubt George would turn down $70 million just to play in LA ($200M vs $130M).   There is some gamble here, but not so much that Indiana will back down much from their demands.  

I think max he can get in Indiana is 177 mill and open market is 137

at that point I would think LA trade and signs him on a two year deal and renews it to get him that money. 

9 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

I think max he can get in Indiana is 177 mill and open market is 137

at that point I would think LA trade and signs him on a two year deal and renews it to get him that money. 

If he stays in Indiana and makes the all NBA team next year, then he is eligible for the $200M contract next offseason.    I'm not positive, but I do not believe he will be eligible for that $200M if he is traded.

• 3 weeks later...