Stock Market Gambling

abenjami

I have this old IRA account with about $3,000 in it.  All cash.

I want to have some fun with this.  What high-risk/high-reward investment should I make?

No indexes, funds, diversification, etc.  This needs to be some kind of stock play, a balsy short, or something similar.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

is this what's left of the liquidated portfolio?

I think you should go with something in the cannabis industry if you want to get into something early that will pay off big. I suggest something like Cara Therapeutics.   

I already have a medical marijuana stock.  It's actually the only stock I didn't liquidate and I only kept it because it's worthless.

Posted Images

I think you should go with something in the cannabis industry if you want to get into something early that will pay off big. I suggest something like Cara Therapeutics. 

Cara Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ: CARA)

Cara Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, focusing on developing and commercializing chemical entities designed to alleviate pain and pruritus by selectively targeting kappa opioid receptors in the United States. Cara is developing lead molecules that selectively modulate peripheral CB receptors without targeting CNS cannabinoid receptors. Peripheral CB receptor modulators will be initially developed as a novel therapeutic approach for neuropathic and inflammatory pain, a condition currently without consistently effective therapies. Cara’s most advanced CB compound, CR701, is currently in preclinical development.

The company is also developing cannabis-based product candidates that target the body’s peripheral nervous system. Its lead product candidate includes I.V. CR845, which is in Phase III clinical trials for the treatment of acute postoperative pain in adult patients, as well as completed Phase II clinical trials for the treatment of uremic pruritus disease, an intractable systemic itching condition which occurs among people with Chronic Kidney Disease. The company is also developing Oral CR845, which is in Phase IIa clinical trials for the treatment of moderate-to-severe acute and chronic pain. It has licensing agreements with Chong Kun Dang Pharmaceutical Corporation to develop, manufacture, and commercialize products containing CR845 in South Korea; and Maruishi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd to develop, manufacture, and commercialize drug products containing CR845 for acute pain and uremic pruritus in Japan.

Edited by heyitsmeallen

11 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

I made some money off this stock after the election. 

12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Damn you want us to do all the work!

It's not much work. Pick one position and say why. 

Lets either turn this into $10k in 12 months or lose it. 

24 minutes ago, abenjami said:

It's not much work. Pick one position and say why. 

Lets either turn this into $10k in 12 months or lose it. 

so what's the finders fee if we find the goose that lays the golden egg? 10% sounds fair.