Thinking about getting a new phone

Dmeade-

I know his has been discussed before, but I'm thinking about getting a new phone and going away from the iPhone. 

Theres such a comfort level there I'm not sure if I'd miss it or what. Anyway, everyone pretty much says the Samsung galaxy blows it out of the water.

Thoughts?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd love to continue this conversation but my iPhone is about to die.

Holy shit 1998.  Does your plan give you free minutes on  weekends and free minutes  after 9pm?? Remember those times?! 

The OLED curved screen is absolutely sick. There's no home button, it's incorporated into the screen which I really liked. I played around with it for about 5 minutes and I would be just fine with the

Posted Images

I'm probably gonna need one soon. My Galaxy S5 is starting to update quite frequently. I think the company has decided I've taken too much care in protecting this one so they'll screw up the software instead. 

Thinking about Google Pixel myself. Or iPhone. Undecided. 

16 minutes ago, Dmeade- said:

I know his has been discussed before, but I'm thinking about getting a new phone and going away from the iPhone. 

Theres such a comfort level there I'm not sure if I'd miss it or what. Anyway, everyone pretty much says the Samsung galaxy blows it out of the water.

Thoughts?

Either the Galaxy S8 or the LG G6 if you are intent on switching to Android today. Or wait for the Pixel 2 and iPhone 8 later this year to get more comparable options.

22 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Either the Galaxy S8 or the LG G6 if you are intent on switching to Android today. Or wait for the Pixel 2 and iPhone 8 later this year to get more comparable options.

I wouldn't want to wait past July.

Which between Samsung 7s (or 8s) and Google Pixel? @Starkiller @SleepingTitan

The thing that has really pisses me off about my iPhone is the GB. I got a 5s with one of the low gigbites thinking I good cloud pics and be fine. No. I'm deleting photos constantly and getting the message out of storage. I had an iPad classic with 80 gbs 10 freakin' years ago. They shouldn't even be offering this garbage to customers.

4 minutes ago, Dmeade- said:

The thing that has really pisses me off about my iPhone is the GB. I got a 5s with one of the low gigbites thinking I good cloud pics and be fine. No. I'm deleting photos constantly and getting the message out of storage. I had an iPad classic with 80 gbs 10 freakin' years ago. They shouldn't even be offering this garbage to customers.

Then don't buy one with the lowest storage. You can get an iPhone with 256GB storage today.

And your iPod had a hard drive, which is totally different technology than what's in any smartphone.

The Galaxy S8 has a removable card slot so if you value the swappable storage then that's a plus. You can only get it with 64GB internally but speed and security issues aside you can put whatever you want on there with SD cards. 

As for the Galaxy S8 vs the current Pixel, the S8 is the clear winner. The G6 is a closer argument based on the dual camera and the fingerprint scanner.

16 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Then don't buy one with the lowest storage. You can get an iPhone with 256GB storage today.

And your iPod had a hard drive, which is totally different technology than what's in any smartphone.

The Galaxy S8 has a removable card slot so if you value the swappable storage then that's a plus. You can only get it with 64GB internally but speed and security issues aside you can put whatever you want on there with SD cards. 

As for the Galaxy S8 vs the current Pixel, the S8 is the clear winner. The G6 is a closer argument based on the dual camera and the fingerprint scanner.

Yeah I know. I screwed up getting it two years ago and I am still paying for it now. I have moved all my photos to the cloud and deleted them from my phone and the storage is still garbage.

So basically the galaxy has an SD card offering a shit ton of gigbits but the internal storage on the device isn't that much and the removable storage has huge security issues? I don't really care about swappable storage but if it works it works. 

Iphone 7 or Galaxy 8s?

17 minutes ago, Dmeade- said:

Yeah I know. I screwed up getting it two years ago and I am still paying for it now. I have moved all my photos to the cloud and deleted them from my phone and the storage is still garbage.

So basically the galaxy has an SD card offering a shit ton of gigbits but the internal storage on the device isn't that much and the removable storage has huge security issues? I don't really care about swappable storage but if it works it works. 

Iphone 7 or Galaxy 8s?

It may not be a major security issue, but it is certainly a potential security issue. Basically it just lets you put 3rd party software on an Android phone. It's probably not something you need to worry too much about. Speed may be the bigger issue but I don't know the numbers.

Personally I'd say iPhone 7 but that's not going to surprise anyone. I just prefer iOS to Android. But I think you'd be OK with either phone as long as you don't switch to Android and find out you don't like it as much. I'd go to a phone store and ask to play with an S8 to see if you like it.

And if you want it largely for the camera, I'd say either the iPhone 7+ (which has the dual camera) or the S8. If the 7+ is too big for you then probably the S8.

1 hour ago, patsplat said:

Got a Google Pixel with Project File recently.

- Phone is great

- Plan is cheap

- More dropped calls bc of preference for wifi

That's the good and the bad.

What was your previous phone and how does it compare?

3 hours ago, Dmeade- said:

Yea that's by far the worst thing about iPhones no upgeadeable memory I'm same boat constantly deleting shit