Cyrus

2017 Titans Report Dynasty League

9 Nines   

@TitansGuru won the league with Gurley (although he probably won the last two games with Kamara instead of Gurley) and @Jamalisms got Kamara who, so far, is the 1st or 2nd best player in the 2017 rookie draft. 

Edited by 9 Nines

On 12/24/2017 at 7:55 PM, 9 Nines said:

BTW, have we set a date for the draft.    I am ready to make make the first pick if you want me to go ahead and go.

Saquon Barkley is rare. And the NFL should be ready to make him something almost unheard of in this day and age—the No. 1 overall pick. 

Why Barkley?

I could quote you the physical resume—5'11", 233 pounds, runs a 4.33 in the 40-yard dash, power cleans 405 pounds, squatted 525 pounds five times, has no injury history and is only 20 years old.

I could also quote you his on-field resume—almost 5,000 yards rushing and receiving in three seasons despite being the focus of every defensive coordinator in the Big Ten this year. To go along with that he added 51 total touchdowns—two on kickoffs.

Barkley is rare. As Moorhead told me, "He's a five-tool guy. He can do it all. He has speed, power, can run through you or hurdle over you. You can put him in the slot. He can return kicks. And he's worked hard to become a great pass protector."

If that all sounds too good to be true, you might think it's just an old coach wanting to help out his former player. But when talking to an NFL general manager for this story, he asked me for the highest grade on my scouting grading scale. "A 9.0," I replied. "Put that by his name."

Let me know if you’d be willing to move off that number one pick. ;)

Cyrus   
On 12/24/2017 at 2:58 PM, TitansGuru said:

@Cyrus or @Jamalisms

Can one of you with commissioner access please do this?

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6898.html

It will enable league history. I need this to be done so I can finish a POC that will make leagues related to this site a lot cooler to follow. Will also possibly make it easier to track trades and have a schedule of league events.

Just set it up. See if this works: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/TitansReportDynasty

Also congratulations to @TitansGuru! And a big thanks to @Jamalisms as I was almost entirely absent during this season. 

9 Nines   
7 hours ago, Cyrus said:

Just set it up. See if this works: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/TitansReportDynasty

Also congratulations to @TitansGuru! And a big thanks to @Jamalisms as I was almost entirely absent during this season. 

Question/confirmation please.  We are using the same draft position system the we used the last few years (First 6 picks in reverse order of worst 6 teams from regular season and next 6 picks based on how the 6 playoff teams finished the playoffs)?  that is consistent with year year where I found a reference where you posted in the 2016 league thread that the first 6 teams were set after NFL week 13 then the next 6 got set after playoffs.

Cyrus   
19 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

Question/confirmation please.  We are using the same draft position system the we used the last few years (First 6 picks in reverse order of worst 6 teams from regular season and next 6 picks based on how the 6 playoff teams finished the playoffs)?  that is consistent with year year where I found a reference where you posted in the 2016 league thread that the first 6 teams were set after NFL week 13 then the next 6 got set after playoffs.

Consolation games don't count towards the order. So teams eliminated from the playoffs are set during that week.

9 Nines   
On 12/28/2017 at 5:03 PM, Cyrus said:

Consolation games don't count towards the order. So teams eliminated from the playoffs are set during that week.

With that it looks like it is me then you 1st and 2nd.  

Edited by 9 Nines

On 2/26/2018 at 7:21 PM, 9 Nines said:

Trades possible now?

On 2/27/2018 at 0:23 PM, Bink said:

I don't see why not. 

Whatever transactions happen should be recorded in the 2018 thread, not this one.

I mean, maybe the "new league year" should start first and that is represented by a new thread?

Bink   
3 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Whatever transactions happen should be recorded in the 2018 thread, not this one.

I mean, maybe the "new league year" should start first and that is represented by a new thread?

Agreed. New thread time. 

abenjami   
1 hour ago, Bink said:

Agreed. New thread time. 

Good luck.  League management went downhill this past season!