POLL: Taywan Taylor? Or should the Titans have waited and saved the 4th rounder???

NashvilleNinja

Should the Titans have waited on drafting the 2nd reciever? Or who should they have taken instead?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Taylor or someone else?

• Taywan Taylor where they drafted him.
    • ArDarius Stewart, drafted by Jets at 15th pick of 3rd round
    • Carlos Henderson, drafted by Broncos at 18th pick of 3rd round
    • Chris Godwin, drafted by Bucs at 20th pick of 3rd round
    • Went in another direction altogether (another corner, a linebacker, a tight end, etc)

13 minutes ago, GLinks said:

I found this trawling da tubes for highlights of Taylor and Smith. Commentary (mostly) by a young Titans fan, not many hits, >350, but I thought he echoed a lot of people's sentiments about these picks in a good way. Gave them both a B+ and graded the Davis/Jackson combo a B overall yesterday. He really wanted White or Wilson I think over Jackson...his frustration on that is comical...but sound rationalization of the picks.

Not plugging, but it went faster than the time, and if you want just a guy talking, not media, it's worth a look. You're in for 12-13 minutes though. College kid in a dorm, judging by the bunk beds, but pretty decent commentary. He says NB for slot receiver a couple times, but that's probably the worst thing about it. 

I often listen to him just to hear what another Titan fan has to say.  He's pretty fair on his assessments.  I think he's not a college kid but he's filming from his bedroom.

Another interesting one is these 2 guys....

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you like a guy, go up and get him. Giving up a day 3 pick isn't a huge loss. Honestly, Taylor is a slot WR and we needed a slot WR. He was rated pretty highly so he wasn't a reach where we got

We gave up 11 or so spots in the 3rd and a 4th round pick. I hate when people phrase it this way to make it seems more drastic. 

I had Taylor as one of those 3rd-or-so-round guys (you just have to move some guys with ridiculous production up the board regardless of level; I think of these new WRs in the Steve McNair mold at QB - kinda too much air to ignore) so he was in a pack I thought we'd strike within.

I joke a lot, but I'm also a complete-the-mission type person, so I recognize and love what JRob and the Titans have done so far. There've been maybe two or three times in this draft already Robinson has played the lead bird in the V formation that suddenly switched direction and other teams quickly followed suit. 

We're somewhat ingrained to hope these small-school guys will last later yet succeed at low risk to "us", but after a couple of decades continuous of drafts (still a junior compared to some here I know), I'm glad we have a GM who trusts himself and those around him who DGAF what the rest of us think and just gets the damn guy. 

20 minutes ago, 8MM said:

I often listen to him just to hear what another Titan fan has to say.  He's pretty fair on his assessments.  I think he's not a college kid but he's filming from his bedroom.

Another interesting one is these 2 guys....

But the bunk beds...who has bunk beds otherwise?

Stepbrothers?! 

Or is that like a desk under a single bunk bed arrangement? You will probably not be having sex at your place if that's the presentation.

Edited by GLinks

1 minute ago, titanruss said:

i wanted godwin but obviously we liked taylor more

Godwin is one of those candidates for me, too, but it looks like Taylor does the deep thing and excels at the slot thing, too. More versatility overall it appears to me.

And I'll add one more thing about receivers, just because we pretty much cannot count on anyone behind Matthews and Sharpe to even make the team aside from the draft picks...which leaves us still only 4 WRs (don't count Eric Weems, sorry)

I will love if Robinson takes Ryan Switzer from UNC in round 5 or 6, but I think it would need to be 5, if he lasts. That guy is your Wes Walker White Steve Smith who can also handle return duty type guy, IMO.  

I know we need some defensive depth, but there's 4 picks, and 3 of them can still be LB, DL, and DB.

My opinion: Robinson wanted to add either Taylor or Kupp for the slot WR role. When Kupp went to the Rams, Robinson realized Taylor wouldn't last. I would say he was right as a lot of WR's went off the board in that range. He guaranteed he got who he wanted.

Possible. I would've preferred Taylor or Carlos Henderson over Kupp because they have vertical speed. I don't think Kupp gives us anything different from a speed standpoint. Kind of a same speed guy as what we had last year.

14 minutes ago, titantez said:

Since you put it that way, we had not picked in over Fifty selections because we were in a hole and he put us right back in another hole....It's fine if that is who you want but make no mistake, when you give up that kind of capital in the third, you are Reaching to get your man.

The Patriots picked a total of 4 times in this whole draft. They literally tied the record for the least amount of picks in draft history. Think they don't know what they're doing either? You really have to stop thinking quantity over quality. It's clouding how you see things.

I don't like the Taylor pick either but it's really hard to know if it was a reach or not. The only way to know it was a reach is if we somehow KNEW that none of the teams picking before us had any interest in Taylor. From all reports, somewhere in the 3rd round is where he was expected to go. Not liking the player doesn't make it a reach. Is it possible that J-Rob reached? Of course. But there is no indication of it and we'll never know anyways so why stress it?