What percentage of the NFL smokes weed or takes a banned substance?

CaliTitan3518

I gotta say at least 90%. That banned substances list is absolutely huge https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Player Planner/2014 NFL List of Prohibited Substances.pdf.

Some guys probably aren't even aware they're violating.They're still responsible but I'm sure some honest mistakes have been made.

Not sure about all of the banned substances. I would say the percentage that smokes weed regularly is relatively low. These guys are the best athletes in the world and they don't get that way by smoking blunts all day.

2 minutes ago, Dmeade- said:

Not sure about all of the banned substances. I would say the percentage that smokes weed regularly is relatively low. These guys are the best athletes in the world and they don't get that way by smoking blunts all day.

Although we hear a lot about the percentage that get caught using this or that banned substance, I would say the vast majority of the players are protecting their livelihood by avoiding banned substances. Contrary to popular beliefs, most are not millionaires and most are professional, IMHO.

Two out of thirty two are stupid and don't pay attention to rules that allow for toking if you're disciplined about when you toke.

The subject should be how can you be so stupid and get caught at the combine.  Pure dumdassery.

53 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I gotta say at least 90%. That banned substances list is absolutely huge https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Player Planner/2014 NFL List of Prohibited Substances.pdf.

Some guys probably aren't even aware they're violating.They're still responsible but I'm sure some honest mistakes have been made.

That's true the amount that don't get caught that don't even know is probably pretty high. 

BIll Polian is wrong.  My guess is 20-40 percent are using MJ.  Probably 20% use pain killers and any idiot can see steroid abuse if you have ever watched one "wrassling match."  

The issue is why are you getting caught?