2017 NHL Playoffs

wiscotitansfan

Didn't see anything started yet.

Especially since the Preds are smacking Chicago around so far was hoping for more conversation. Keep it up guys!!!

The Rangers have been quite the disappointment the past 4 periods, like could bury their whole series type bad. GO RANGERS!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TampaTitan said:

All 4 games went OT last night.

NHL playoffs are the shit.

My roommate and I watched the final 3 games of the day (rooting against Chicago, not necessarily for Nashville) and the entire Preds game we were just saying how there's no way in hell that Anaheim was going to go into OT. We flipped the F out when there was the game-tying game break.

45.8% of all the playoff games so far have gone into OT (11 of 24). I don't know if that's high for rd 1 or I am just trying to actually catch every single game this year compared to only the matchups I like.

9 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

My roommate and I watched the final 3 games of the day (rooting against Chicago, not necessarily for Nashville) and the entire Preds game we were just saying how there's no way in hell that Anaheim was going to go into OT. We flipped the F out when there was the game-tying game break.

45.8% of all the playoff games so far have gone into OT (11 of 24). I don't know if that's high for rd 1 or I am just trying to actually catch every single game this year compared to only the matchups I like.

I'm not sure how it stacks up in terms of round 1's, but the last 3 or 4 years there have been a ton of OT games in the playoffs as a whole. The league is just so tight right now.

They put on the best playoffs imo, wish more people watched.

4 minutes ago, TampaTitan said:

They put on the best playoffs imo, wish more people watched.

This is the only time of the year I own cable. Being able to record all the games is fantastic... Especially since you can return the box 2 months later and our monthly bill drops back down.

I also save a shitton of money compared to going to a bar, The year the Rangers had like 25 playoff games, I think I spent $1000 at the biggest hockey/sports bar here over those 2 months (super expensive bar food and pretty high priced drinks [for Milwaukee standards])

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

This is the only time of the year I own cable. Being able to record all the games is fantastic... Especially since you can return the box 2 months later and our monthly bill drops back down.

I also save a shitton of money compared to going to a bar, The year the Rangers had like 25 playoff games, I think I spent $1000 at the biggest hockey/sports bar here over those 2 months (super expensive bar food and pretty high priced drinks)

That's how football season goes for me down here - bar life strong for over a decade now lol

Unfortunately we missed out on the playoffs this year with all the injuries even though we fought like hell. But I'm enjoying being able to watch casually for a change and not stress the F out every other night haha.

Where you at Pred's fans? Last wild card in going up 3-0 on the best of the western conference. The atmosphere at Bridgestone Arena was frigging electric last night. Pred's come back from a 2 goal deficit in the third and send it to overtime and a 20 year old kid (Fiala) buries the game winner in OT? Are you kidding me??? 

11 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

Where you at Pred's fans? Last wild card in going up 3-0 on the best of the western conference. The atmosphere at Bridgestone Arena was frigging electric last night. Pred's come back from a 2 goal deficit in the third and send it to overtime and a 20 year old kid (Fiala) buries the game winner in OT? Are you kidding me??? 

I know right? A year or two ago this thread was bumping, not just from other teams. Where did those guys go? I would be the most excited in terms of hockey excitement in my entire life if I just saw how this series has gone down.

On 4/18/2017 at 0:59 PM, wiscotitansfan said:

I know right? A year or two ago this thread was bumping, not just from other teams. Where did those guys go? I would be the most excited in terms of hockey excitement in my entire life if I just saw how this series has gone down.

It's been some fantastic hockey so far, all the way across the board. Every series on both sides of the bracket has been very competitive and the intensity level has been high and it's only going to get better. Greatest championship in professional sports imho.  

15 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I have the Preds going to the Finals. I'm not a huge hockey fan in general so take it for what it's worth. But the past few years I have watched the postseason quite a bit. The teams with the hot goalie are usually the ones that go deep.

2 goals against in the first 3 games, I think Pekka is in the zone and will stay there.

Pekka gave up 3 goals in the entire 4 game series and the one goal he gave up last night was at the end of the game during a 4 minute minor penalty on the Preds and the Hawks pulled their goalie so it was a 6 on 4 power play. Pekka came within a frog hair of shutting out Chicago 3 out of the 4 games. The hottest teams in the west are Preds, Ducks and Blues. If St. Louis wins tomorrow the Preds Blues series will be a grind it out dogfight.