2017 NHL Playoffs

wiscotitansfan

4 hours ago, TorontoTitan said:

Forsberg was acquired thru a trade for Martin Erat from the Caps. Brutal trade for the Caps!!! Erat played only like 20 games for the Caps and scored just 1 goal and they were ousted early on the playoffs like every other year. Forsberg on the Caps would be crazy!

I always just assumed that he was home grown talent because how young and talented he is... Holy hell that's a brutal trade.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, TorontoTitan said:

Forsberg was acquired thru a trade for Martin Erat from the Caps. Brutal trade for the Caps!!! Erat played only like 20 games for the Caps and scored just 1 goal and they were ousted early on the playoffs like every other year. Forsberg on the Caps would be crazy!

Fuck you for bringing this up. One of the worst midseason trades of all time.

-Salty Caps fan

21 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Stanley Cup Mother Fuckers!!!!!!

I remember CTF calling Laviolette a retread loser and a horrible hire, while calling Trotz a genius. Trotz has yet to get past round two with one of the best players in the world and Laviolette just took his third different club to a cup final. I love Trotz and think he's a good coach (and better person), but canning him was absolutely the right move.

Edited by NoD

6 hours ago, NoD said:

I remember CTF calling Laviolette a retread loser and a horrible hire, while calling Trotz a genius. Trotz has yet to get past round two with one of the best players in the world and Laviolette just took his third different club to a cup final. I love Trotz and think he's a good coach (and better person), but canning him was absolutely the right move.

Trotz isn't the issue in Washington.

On 5/22/2017 at 6:41 AM, oldschool said:

Fuck you for bringing this up. One of the worst midseason trades of all time.

-Salty Caps fan

That was bonafide highway robbery and the fan backlash that the Washington GM took at that time was lynch mob worthy. Erat was discontent because his skills were declining so he wanted out and Poile obliged. Best Predators trade ever and Forsberg continues to grow as a dynamic player. But the bold moves Poile made in firing Trotz and trading Weber and Jones are a big reason why we are where we are right now. Any of those three moves could have backfired horribly and come back on Poile. I remember reading  a lot of  Caps fans ripping on Poile blaming him for the Caps problems. I think he's done a pretty masterful job here. We have a pretty deep talent pool from the solid drafts and the depth has definitely been a big factor in this playoff run. Laviolette's attacking style suits this roster really well. 

9 hours ago, freakingeek said:

That was bonafide highway robbery and the fan backlash that the Washington GM took at that time was lynch mob worthy. Erat was discontent because his skills were declining so he wanted out and Poile obliged. Best Predators trade ever and Forsberg continues to grow as a dynamic player. But the bold moves Poile made in firing Trotz and trading Weber and Jones are a big reason why we are where we are right now. Any of those three moves could have backfired horribly and come back on Poile. I remember reading  a lot of  Caps fans ripping on Poile blaming him for the Caps problems. I think he's done a pretty masterful job here. We have a pretty deep talent pool from the solid drafts and the depth has definitely been a big factor in this playoff run. Laviolette's attacking style suits this roster really well. 

There's actually a Washington Post article about it today: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fdc-sports-bog%2Fwp%2F2017%2F05%2F23%2Fwith-the-predators-in-the-stanley-cup-final-should-you-still-be-mad-about-the-filip-forsberg-trade%2F%3Futm_term%3D.a0e9f56a2f57&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFy47lgjkHate6lRqN8c6AhuP-cFnNw