Star Wars: The Last Jedi

reo

It's pretty apparent that Luke has become disillusioned with the Jedi order, or at least various aspects of the Jedi and their understanding of the force, based on experiences/knowledge he has obtained since ROTJ.

The way the trailer played out it seems as if the parting of ways between Rey and Luke isn't a clean one. But that could just be the editing department playing tricks on everyone.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The dark side I sense in you.

That's true of every single Star Wars movie ever made. Fwiw...

27 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Along them them killing off Leia but that isn't surprising and still could be misdirection how that scene plays out

They talked about possibly having her show up in the next one, so I bet they don’t kill her. But maybe with Carrie being dead they could change that.

I'm pretty sure the theory that Luke is Rey's father is a dead one based on a line from Luke in the trailer regarding the power he felt. He could have been referring to something/8 else, but it felt like he was referring to Rey. If she were his daughter you'd think he could/would sense that.

Btw, speaking of Carrie Fisher, if they ever need someone to play a young Princess Leia in a standalone film...

pjimage-59.jpg

Star-Wars-Young-Princess-Leia-Millie-Bob

They're obviously not identical or anything, but the similarity is striking, especially their eyes.

Daisy Ridley said she thought it was obvious who Rey's parents are. I think after ep8, people will go back and watch ep7 and see the connection they showed between her and Han in the Falcon and they'll see Rey as this very strong independent female character like Leia and it'll be obvious that her parents were Han and Leia all along and people were reading too much into things and making it more complicated than it was ever meant to be.

Edited by reo

14 hours ago, reo said:

Daisy Ridley said she thought it was obvious who Rey's parents are. I think after ep8, people will go back and watch ep7 and see the connection they showed between her and Han in the Falcon and they'll see Rey as this very strong independent female character like Leia and it'll be obvious that her parents were Han and Leia all along and people were reading too much into things and making it more complicated than it was ever meant to be.

So why wouldn’t Leia recognize her through the Force at the end?

1 hour ago, reo said:

She might've felt a connection but she's not trained in the force. 

We don’t know that. Luke could have trained her. 

Either way, even untrained she had a connection to Luke through the Force in Empire Strikes Back. 

14 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

We don’t know that. Luke could have trained her. 

Either way, even untrained she had a connection to Luke through the Force in Empire Strikes Back. 

Yeah but took her a while to figure it out

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it was stated that Rey’s parents weren’t in Episode 7??

Personally, if I were behind the marketing of this movie, I’d put some spoilers in the trailer because everyone would believe their misdirections.  I seem to remember Mark Hammill telling people to avoid the trailers so as to not spoil the story.  

I’d like to see a double turn, with Rey going to the dark side and Kylo redeeming himself.  

On 10/14/2017 at 5:39 PM, Starkiller said:

So why wouldn’t Leia recognize her through the Force at the end?

We don't know that she necessarily didn't. IIRC they share a kind of moment, right? If Leia is Rey's parent, 1) she obvious knows she had a daughter and 2) distanced herself from that daughter for some obvious reason

so she could have been hiding her feelings.