reo

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The dark side I sense in you.

That's true of every single Star Wars movie ever made. Fwiw...

35 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

This is it, most people these days (i.e. millennials) can't stand 2 1/2 hour movies because they have don't have the attention span required.

I’m not a millennial and I have no problem with a good movie being long. I have a problem with a long movie being loaded down with bad content.

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

I’m not a millennial and I have no problem with a good movie being long. I have a problem with a long movie being loaded down with bad content.

Exactly this.. filler doesn't mean better.

I'd rather play an engaging 10 hour video game than one that should be 8 hours but spreads it to 20

Perhaps I was a victim of my own expectations but I didn't think The Last Jedi was very good. The porgs were annoying and added nothing to the plot, most of the humor was terrible, they throw away two villains with a lot of potential (Phasma and Snoke--who could not be betrayed), Leia (enough said) and the biggest problem was that the plot accomplished nothing. At the start of the movie the resistance is small and running from the first order. At the end...same thing. It's like the destruction of starkiller base meant nothing. I know that in ESB the Empire seemed to have recovered after the destruction of the death star but there was a time jump between the two--none for TLJ.

On 1/13/2018 at 1:25 PM, GeorgeMcNair4ever said:

The porgs were annoying and added nothing to the plot

I don't get people's constant bitching about the Porgs... They did NOTHING to take away from the plot. It's a star wars movie, that stupid shit has been in 8 main-line Star Wars movies to date and I bet there will be the same stupid shit of that caliber in 9 and on. It's pitiful that Rogue One is the only one that doesn't have completely unnecessary camp (K2SO is obviously there for comic relief but he's actually a major part of the movie) or whatever the correct term would be and yet people fail to realize that.

Was there this much bitching about the stupid ass bands that were in all the cantina scenes? That's the extent of the Porgs play in this movie. Holy fuck, the minor complaints (not major plot related ones) are so fucking ridiculous. How the hell is it the nostalgic crowd who puts the originals on such a pedestal not see the hypocrisy?

Edited by wiscotitansfan

3 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I don't get people's constant bitching about the Porgs... They did NOTHING to take away from the plot. It's a star wars movie, that stupid shit has been in 8 main-line Star Wars movies to date and I bet there will be the same stupid shit of that caliber in 9 and on. It's pitiful that Rogue One is the only one that doesn't have completely unnecessary camp (K2SO is obviously there for comic relief but he's actually a major part of the movie) or whatever the correct term would be and yet people fail to realize that.

Was there this much bitching about the stupid ass bands that were in all the cantina scenes? That's the extent of the Porgs play in this movie. Holy fuck, the minor complaints (not major plot related ones) are so fucking ridiculous. How the hell is it the nostalgic crowd who puts the originals on such a pedestal not see the hypocrisy?

The porgs were annoying and should have been done once they left the island. 

8 hours ago, Starkiller said:

The porgs were annoying and should have been done once they left the island. 

I agree but people complain about them to the point that you would think that it ruined the movie. They were onscreen for about 20 seconds after the island.

As I said, it had as much impact on the plot (and campyness) as the cantina bands in episode 4 and 6. Just about a minute more screen-time in a 2.5 hours movie.

21 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I agree but people complain about them to the point that you would think that it ruined the movie. They were onscreen for about 20 seconds after the island.

As I said, it had as much impact on the plot (and campyness) as the cantina bands in episode 4 and 6. Just about a minute more screen-time in a 2.5 hours movie.

Yeah well the cantina band didn’t board the Millenium Falcon...

The porgs didn’t ruin a great movie. They just got annoying.

Apparently the Porgs were created not to sell toys, but because they only had a few days to shoot on the island (due to some law/restrictions) and the actual puffins on the island were in many in their shots. Rather than digitally scrub them out, they created a puffin-like animal that would be part of the world of Achto. 

The idea that they were trying to nest in the Falcon was pretty endearing for me than annoying. But YMMV. Plus the scene with the lightsaber was legit funny.

1 hour ago, 'Nator said:

You see Porgs like 4 fucking time and they do virtually nothing. 

Not sure why people are so iup in arms about fuckin Porgs. 

Not sure either but it's in the complaint column of like 90% of people who have qualms with the movie. Obviously it's not a game changing complaint but it just baffles me how divisive they are when every single movie in the original trilogy had just as similar camp.

On 1/15/2018 at 9:16 PM, wiscotitansfan said:

I don't get people's constant bitching about the Porgs... They did NOTHING to take away from the plot. It's a star wars movie, that stupid shit has been in 8 main-line Star Wars movies to date and I bet there will be the same stupid shit of that caliber in 9 and on.

Porgs >>>>> Ewoks.  Porgs >>>>>>>>>> Jar Jar Binks. Porgs ~> all those ridiculous dancing/singing alien creatures entertaining Jabba in ROTJ.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

20 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Porgs >>>>> Ewoks.  Porgs >>>>>>>>>> Jar Jar Binks. Porgs ~> all those ridiculous dancing/singing alien creatures entertaining Jabba in ROTJ.

Quoted for the truth in this post.