Why Hooker is not an option

Bongo59

8 minutes ago, KingTitan8 said:

If he thinks Cyp can play in coverage we gonna be in some shit

Yeah, I'm pretty concerned about that. JRob talked about his ability to cover the TE as well.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All of our safeties combined for 2 interceptions total last season. This is why Hooker is in play.

He can play man coverage on TEs pretty good, it's in space where he struggles Pretty good article on MCM: http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2017/3/24/14966480/get-to-know-newest-titan-johnath

Jesus Bongo, the quote you posted literally means the opposite of how you interpreted it.

This post does little to clarify what we'll do in April -- the description of Cyprien's role is exactly what some of us mentioned when he was signed. It's not some secret; it's quite obvious.

This post does however reinforce the narcissistic and delusional worldview of Bongo.

Safety rotation, and Byard’s role

Mularkey didn’t rule out the Titans rotating safeties to some extent again in 2017, even with the recent addition of veteran safety Johnathan Cyprien. In fact, he said he expects it to continue.

Mularkey said it will depend on who the team is playing, and matchups.

“I think it was good the way we did things last year,’’ Mularkey said. “That’s how we felt about our depth at safety. I think we still have a deep position there. So I see it continuing that way.”

In addition to Cyprien, Kevin Byard, Da’Norris Searcy and Curtis Riley are among the safeties returning for this fall. There’s a chance the Titans will draft one as well.

Mularkey said he thinks Byard, a third-round pick out of MTSU last season, will show even more improvement in Year 2.

“He is going to get more opportunities, and he is going to play more,” Mularkey said of Byard. “I think that second year, coming in there you are not wide-eyed, and intimidated by being a rookie and finding your role on the team. I think he knows what it is and he knows he can be very good at this level.”

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Five-Hot-Topics-with-Titans-Coach-Mike-Mularkey/208df230-5b27-4bbf-ab1c-f2d786d5e6a4

1 hour ago, Bongo59 said:

To you it does......but not to most who read it.  It says Byard is the FS......last he he was forced to play SS.  Cyprien takes that over.  Put some windex on your glass eyes.  

Interesting comment from someone with such a myopic view of things. The article itself says he stops short of anointing Byard as the sole FS for next year. It quite literally leaves the door open for another safety. You can't see that because you're tunnel-visioned right now. Of course it's possible we don't draft Hooker and that Byard takes over full-time FS duties but no where in that article does it state that this will happen as emphatically as you do in your thread title. 

4 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Yeah, I'm pretty concerned about that. JRob talked about his ability to cover the TE as well.

He can play man coverage on TEs pretty good, it's in space where he struggles

Pretty good article on MCM:

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2017/3/24/14966480/get-to-know-newest-titan-johnathan-cyprien

You relaz

24 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I think Hooker is an option. so is Adams. Cyprien will play more LB than anything and won't play deep much at all.

He is the starting strong safety and will play there more than linebacker.

Edited by Huston