Titans have 2nd most "draft capital" this year

Starkiller

Why are posters dismissive of JRob's intent and feel compelled to unbundle the net value of a trade that landed us the guy they wanted (who turned out to be the real deal) and other valuable assets? I contend that this is only due to how this year's talent pool is currently perceived as being rich (2016 revisionism + 2017assumptions).  If this were a 'dog' draft I doubt there would be a peep of trade remorse.

Here's a few considerations for the Decker was there crowd -- what if dude wasn't going to fit in with Lewan's strong personality? What if Decker said: I'm a LTackle, thank you.  What if his penchant for playing too high gets exposed this year, since quite a few OLine needy teams passed on him, too?

Too many fancy themselves as some sort of NFL value expert these days and act like players and their unique contributions are just fungible parts. If this is indeed the case, it probably upsets you that the Titans and the NFL in general waste the resources they do on scouting and the like.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"We gave up too much for Conklin"  says retards on TR.

No

The Titans are the only team with a winning record in 2016 with top 10 draft capital.

7 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

You don't get it. This is hindsight.  JRob wanted Conklin and got his man.  Certainly in hindsight even JRob might be saying what if.  And Decker might have been on our radar if we couldn't make a deal.  Still, rear view mirror crap.  Go down through the draft and see what other guys we missed.  Not many. We have two of the best OTs in the game and 5 years form now who cares about the price?  

No, it's not hindsight. Hindsight is the only thing that softens the blow!

We gave up a 2nd and a 3rd Round pick to move up from 1-15 to 1-8. I gasped when that was announced.

2 hours ago, charleytolar said:

So something that you don't agree with is "silly and pointless?" Do you see the problem there?

Can you please post a list of "approved" opinions?!!!

Wait a minute....... Are you making this personal?  Tell me it  ain't so. 

Based on the actions, it was pretty clear that Robinson thought Conklin was a lot better than Decker as a prospect.  And bear in mind that his evaluation may consider intangibles such as coachability, toughness, and grit as culture change was also at play.

1 minute ago, GFTitans said:

Wait a minute....... Are you making this personal?  Tell me it  ain't so. 

How else would you interpret "stupid" or "idiotic" or the classy "retarded"?

People should have a right to post opinions without being attacked. That's the world we live in.

I understand being skeptical about the trade right after it happened. Hell I think shortly after the pick I posted that I was really happy with getting Conk but wish we hadn't given up so much. So clearly I can see where people are coming form. But after we saw what kind of performance he turned in, I really don't get how so much doubt can still exist. Sometimes you're willing to pay a little more for a quality product. The times I've felt I got the least value on something is when I cheap out and end up with something that wasn't as good as what I wanted and could've had. We paid a high price and got a player of equivalent caliber. It just didn't happen at a position that was flashy enough to make some feel all warm and tingly inside. I for one loved watching our O-line make some of the best defenders in the league fucking quit when they realized they weren't get through. Decker had a good year but I'd put the murderer's row of pass rushers Conklin handled up against anyone's resume. 

From last year: 

Robinson told reporters in Tennessee there were a couple teams that needed tackles picking before the Titans. He wanted to put the team in the right position to get Conklin.

“We’ve liked Jack for a while here now and we thought that even spinning back to when I got the job, we talked about tough, accountable, team first guys and we thought he embodied that to the n’th degree,’’ Robinson said. “I mean he was a former walk on at Michigan State and earned everything that he was given there. He played for a very tough program.

“If you look at (Michigan State’s) program, they are a physical football team offensively and defensively. They are a disciplined football team. They run the ball; they had a good quarterback there this year; they’ve had good backs there so I just think stylistically from an offensive line standpoint we were able to evaluate all of the skillsets that we are going to ask him to do in our offense, so it made it a really, really good fit for us.”

7 hours ago, headhunter said:

"We gave up too much for Conklin"  says retards on TR.

You have got to be kidding me...Anyone that can't understand that giving up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks for an untested Right Tackle could not be considered giving up too much is an idiot...For that matter you should probably go back to kindergarten and start learning math again...That goes for the "Blue Light Special Kid" to boot...

(1 + 2 + 3 ===== 1  ?????)

(Conklin + 2017 pick # 52 + 2016 pick # 76 ===== Conklin)

Yes, brilliant decision---Yeah right, the Giants wanted Conklin too...Sure...

Next you're going to tell me Fisher wanted to draft VY, or was it Leinart, or was it Cutler???

For that matter, one could go get a freaking RT in Free Agency and could have kept all the draft picks to make the team better...what a dumb ass...

I think moving 18 will be easier than moving 5.  If the mocks are correct, OT's should start moving off the board around 18.  

I think some team will move up for a Tackle knowing the Titans don't need one.