Home Theater Speakers and Wife acceptance

'Nator

Anyone else been through this horse shit? 

I like AV shit. I had a nice set up at my old place but my speakers are too big for my house now. 

For a time being compromise we have been using the Vizio sound bar with the sub and rear surrounds but I've been dying to get a real home theater speaker set up with a receiver. 

So everything I bought was with space and aesthetics in mind to please her.  

I got a slightly under-powered (for my tastes) Marantz slimline receiver because they are half the size as your average receiver. I got the Energy Take Classic system (best small speaker system according to virtually every geek site). They have a piano black finish. They look good. They sound good. I had a contractor buddy come in, run wire, hide all wires, mount speakers etc. 

Well she came home yesterday and you would have thought I mounted two red baboon asses on the wall and wrote "check out my new speakers" on the wall with my shit. She went to the bedroom and cried, and she's not even on her period. She claims that they are so hideous that she can't stand to be in the living room and that she will be embarrassed to have guests over. 

This is a normally reasonable person we are talking about here. She doesn't bitch, which makes her a goddamned female anomaly, and I can count our major fights on less than one hand in 3 years. But this shit really set her off. Keep in mind, I am not exaggerating. She cried in our bedroom for an hour over this. I will post a pick of the setup later. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now the real problem comes to light.  It's her house, not yours.

These are my favorite threads to read.  Ones like this and the one last month about car salesman techniques are so much better than that political bs this sub forum had been littered with the past yea

Make sure she knows that this is what you really wanted.    

Posted Images

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

Seems like some recessed in-wall speakers might be the solution.

I researched the shit out of this. In-wall speakers never sounds as good as normal speakers despite being more expensive. They exist solely for space saving and bitching wives. I was going to go with those anyway but was discouraged by virtually everyone I know who are serious about AV shit. When my contractor buddy told me he could hide wires and would do it for me cheap, I jumped on that instead. 

3 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Lol Really? I thought she was a little crazy or self-involved or whatever.

He obviously avoided the red flags because she was a freak in the bed. Girls don't just cry for an hour because of speakers... there had to be warning signs of this kind of behavior lol. 

11 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

He obviously avoided the red flags because she was a freak in the bed. Girls don't just cry for an hour because of speakers... there had to be warning signs of this kind of behavior lol. 

I'm just kidding. I didn't marry that wacky twat. I banged her then she moved to Switzerland. Which was only a coincidence so don't even start.  

Yeah. I went from full surround and sub to soundbar with a weaker sub. The quality is pretty good for what it is, but I prefer the movie theater experience. 

On gameday, playing video games, or watching a movie. Maybe I should convert the garage.