Greg Cosell on 104.5(very good current related subject matter)

OILERMAN

I couldn't find the link, not posted yet. Someone feel free to add it

Cosell talked about WR John Ross and he was very high on him. Compared him to DJax and Hilton, more than a speed guy, understands route concepts and talked about how his speed has to be accounted for.

Says Jonathon Allen is a good player. Better suited to play inside either at DT in 4-3 or end in a 3-4. Said he was technically sound and used his hands well.

He raved about Rueben Foster, said he was one of the best players in the draft. Explosive and can do it all.

Specifically asked about Howard at 5 but didn't really answer. Praised his ability to play on the line or split out outside. Said the Titans TEs have to be able to play on the line and run block.

Good interview that talked a lot about current discussion on the board

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they think Davis is just a precision guy then you're right, there's absolutely no reason to take him at #5. That being said...Davis is far from being just a precision guy. Him being the best r

grammar smack is symptomatic of nfl pre-draft overload

No capitalization? No period? NFL should be capitalized. You can make corrections for full credit.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Cosell talked about WR John Ross and he was very high on him. Compared him to DJax and Hilton, more than a speed guy, understands route concepts and talked about how his speed has to be accounted for.

Says Jonathon Allen is a good player. Better suited to play inside either at DT in 4-3 or end in a 3-4. Said he was technically sound and used his hands well.

He raved about Rueben Foster, said he was one of the best players in the draft. Explosive and can do it all.

Specifically asked about Howard at 5 but didn't really answer. Praised his ability to play on the line or split out outside. Said the Titans TEs have to be able to play on the line and run block.

On point.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

They could play Casey, Klug and Allen in nickel situations and move them all around and run all kinds of stunts along with one or two edge rushers. 

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Funny how I said that this week, and you guys acted like I'm a fucking retard. 

1 hour ago, Titansgoodluckcharm said:

Good signs for me, don't know how others feel. I'm actually leaning towards Ross at 5, even over Davis at this point because we already have a precision guy in Sharpe.

Don't think S makes sense now after FA. DL is a luxury pick and our run D was pretty legit. Only other way I could see us going is CB and it seems like the draft is deep.

Not a huge fan of the Howard pick at 5. Lots of linebackers run 4.5's and S are being used to cover TE's. With no Ross, teams can cheat up their safeties and play closer to the line.

IMO, Ross is the player that won't be in next year's draft, and only comes around once in a while.

Yeah, he's like a comet. But, unfortunately, that's probably how his production will be too. Comes around fast and furious once and a while. Fantasy superstar for 4 weeks before going down. 

I can't risk a 1st rounder on a guy like that. 

I like the idea of doubling down on offense in the first round and building around Marcus. To do that OJ Howard makes a lot of sense at 5. Fits the system, and would upgrade the passing attack. Not worried about Catch #s with Delanie. 

OJ is the only elite TE, which puts him as a higher commodity.

At 18, Williams/Ross/Davis would all upgrade the WR core. 

I'm fine w/ Foster, Ross or Howard (no particular order) at 5 but I'd prefer to trade back. Still very interested in Davis as well but it doesn't seem like the Titans are.

24 minutes ago, reo said:

I'm fine w/ Foster, Ross or Howard (no particular order) at 5 but I'd prefer to trade back. Still very interested in Davis as well but it doesn't seem like the Titans are.

They met with Davis at the combine. He wasn't able to work out at his Pro Day so no surprise we didn't see a big Titans group there.. I'm sure they'll bring him in for a visit.

1 hour ago, Face said:

No, you said there's no way he could play DT because he only weighed 286 lbs. Big difference.

I said he couldn't play on a 3-4 line or DT unless he was on a team like the 2011 Giants in which they basically ran 4 DE's on their line, so they were able to use smaller DT's.