Greg Cosell on 104.5(very good current related subject matter)

OILERMAN

53 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

In 2015 go look at what he did to both first round FLA CB.........tell me he sucks.  14 for 150.  Against Tabor and Wilson.......FLA tried to put both CB on him and he ruined both of them.  

He abused them because Tabor is absolute trash and Wilson runs a damn near runs 4.6.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they think Davis is just a precision guy then you're right, there's absolutely no reason to take him at #5. That being said...Davis is far from being just a precision guy. Him being the best r

grammar smack is symptomatic of nfl pre-draft overload

No capitalization? No period? NFL should be capitalized. You can make corrections for full credit.

Going back and watching some more of Jones, I have to say, he's not the prospect he's being made out to be here.  He catches a lot of balls but he's not a very good route runner, he doesn't have great speed, and he isn't scaring anyone on the deep ball.  JMO.

Having said all of that, I don't hate him.  I even like him in this offense because he's good at boxing defenders out and dominates on short routes against smaller CB's.  Anyone with that level of production is doing something right.  I just don't value him as a 1st round pick.  Again, just my two cents.

3 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Going back and watching some more of Jones, I have to say, he's not the prospect he's being made out to be here.  He catches a lot of balls but he's not a very good route runner, he doesn't have great speed, and he isn't scaring anyone on the deep ball.  JMO.

Having said all of that, I don't hate him.  I even like him in this offense because he's good at boxing defenders out and dominates on short routes against smaller CB's.  Anyone with that level of production is doing something right.  I just don't value him as a 1st round pick.  Again, just my two cents.

He's a good prospect who can be your #2 on day 1 and may down the line develop into a #1. I like the kid too but he's not better than Davis by any stretch.

9 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

One difference between them: Davis seems to be a thoughtful, all-around decent human being with a great work ethic. Britt was/is a brain dead fart blossom.

and Britt was 20 his first season.

1 hour ago, Bongo59 said:

The thing that separates Jones for me is how physical he is on his routes.  He abuses CB and punishes S when they try to defend him.  The plays were he decleats Jones in 2015 and the UConn freak of this year is something to see.  Zay is a man...........and he reminds me of TO with a mean streak.  

literally every single website that breaks down Zay says that his play strength is weak... that he hasnt proved great at separating, and that corners and safeties push him around. 

he got like 80 receptions on screens 

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

Jones reminds me of Jarvis Landry a bit. Not at all a bad receiver to draft in the 2nd round and get great return on the investment. Not a guy you draft and hope turns into a #1. Also, since people love to bring up Corey Davis' level of competition, @Bongo59 is talking like Zay Jones was playing in the SEC. But really? At ECU he's playing against all-stars?

He also said he'd draft Jones in the 2nd or 3rd because he wouldn't have to spend a 1 on him. What does that matter though? Nothing is a sure thing, but you take the guy who has the most obvious potential where you're sure you can get him. If Randy Moss were in this draft where would you draft him at? The Vikings drafted him in the 1st round. Would you bypass him so you can draft some other "value guy" later? Or would you do like we did and draft the "value guy" ahead of Moss?

I don't know where Bongo is getting it that Jones is the best receiver in the draft. I just don't see it.

Edited by NashvilleNinja