Greg Cosell on 104.5(very good current related subject matter)

OILERMAN

1 hour ago, Titansgoodluckcharm said:

You must really love Davis or Howard's _________.

They're all playmakers. Ross wasn't just a one trick guy in college. He also changes the whole dynamic of our offense.

Ross is the only guy that takes a S out of the box

relax. I like Ross too but 5 is crazy. Your premise is flawed anyway. There are a ton of ways to get a Safety out of the box.

Edited by oldschool

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they think Davis is just a precision guy then you're right, there's absolutely no reason to take him at #5. That being said...Davis is far from being just a precision guy. Him being the best r

grammar smack is symptomatic of nfl pre-draft overload

No capitalization? No period? NFL should be capitalized. You can make corrections for full credit.

4 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

In his first year Marcus didn't throw deep, or when he did it was a disaster.  In '16 that all changed when he became a top 10 guy on deep balls, and safeties had to go back to playing centerfield instead of crowding the box, or laying in for the underneath stuff.

Shows what kind of talent he is. 

2 hours ago, Titansgoodluckcharm said:

We didn't throw deep that often. And when we did, it was because teams weren't expecting it, not because our receivers were blazers.

There's a big difference.

And with that said, what receiver required constant S help over top?

Without looking at statistics, I'd venture to say we threw one or two deep balls a game. I could be mistaken, but I definitely felt we aired it out at least once a game. 

Besides, Ross would be used for way more than just the deep ball. His RAC ability is pretty damn good as well. 

Davis production and his game experience is a plus......but doing it against who he did is a problem.  Look at Zay Jones.  He plays at the same level and his production is insane.  When we saw Zay in Mobile he was a man amonst boys.  We dont know about Davis.  One of the redeeming things about Williams is that the better the competition the better he played.  That is a major plus for him.  People are doubting Watson because they think his weapons were better but I am not so sure I buy that.  Watson and MM have a lot of the same traits.  I have a sense Watson makes Williams more than he is..........Which is why I am luke warm on Williams.  Ross is the one top WR who I think game translates.  I think Zay Jones will be the best WR of the entire class.   

The "targets" that make sense for us in my eyes are:

Corey Davis, John Ross and O.J. Howard. It all depends on grade. Though Ross might stretch the field better than any other player, Howard's grade might be too high to pass up overall.

I was for Mike Williams as well but the fact that Howard runs a 4.5 himself and blocks at TE takes Williams and his 4.5 speed down a notch.

Agree that if your tight end runs faster than you wide receiver - go tight end.

Will not argue that Williams broken neck was a freak thing but it happened.  Football is a contact sport and their is a chance he will get it hurt again.   Can Ross get hurt - yes.   Just think that his upside and potential to this offense is much greater than that Williams or Davis can provide. 

But speed is not a detemrinant of NFL success.......ask Jerry Rice or Boldin.  Then ask Donte Stallworth or Heward Bey..........speed is only one key.  You have to have the other parts down.  Ross seems to have the other parts down and that is what makes him unique.  OJ has all the parts of TE down too......makes him unique.  Now it comes down to your tastes.......and JRob tastes seem to be rather unique.  

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Who cares about Davis' level of competition? All a guy can do is play the man across from him and he dominated the shit out of whoever that happened to be.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/corey-davis-3.html

2014 - 78 rec, 1408 yds, 15 TD

2015 - 89 rec, 1429 yards, 12 TD

2016 - 97 rec, 1500 yards, 19 TD

He didn't just dominate. He dominated consistently for three consecutive seasons, his last season there being his most dominant.

That's a pattern. A very good, very exciting pattern. And what is it that JRob has maintained from day 1? He likes guys with consistent production.

He really reminds me of a mature Kenny Britt. It was 8 years ago so some of the younger fans may not remember but Britt was dominant when healthy his first 2-3 years here, and his prospect profile was very similar to Davis. 6'3 215 or so, very well built, good but not great speed, great on back shoulders & using his big frame to box out corners, aggressive going  after the ball, etc. But most similar was he had 3 years of tremendous production...the guy was great in college right from the get.

11 minutes ago, Face said:

He really reminds me of a mature Kenny Britt. It was 8 years ago so some of the younger fans may not remember but Britt was dominant when healthy his first 2-3 years here, and his prospect profile was very similar to Davis. 6'3 215 or so, very well built, good but not great speed, great on back shoulders & using his big frame to box out corners, aggressive going  after the ball, etc. But most similar was he had 3 years of tremendous production...the guy was great in college right from the get.

One difference between them: Davis seems to be a thoughtful, all-around decent human being with a great work ethic. Britt was/is a brain dead fart blossom.