Does anybody feel like JRob has his "Conklin" this year?

Face

10 minutes ago, headhunter said:

And OJ may possibly be the best TE prospect ever

You're calling me retarded when you're making statements like this? This is absolutely laughable.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I said it in October and I'll say it again: I don't have a clue who the Titans will draft.

When we line up those guys it's obvious what we are going to do. we can mix it up with Howard and he can line up anywhere. 

The speed differential between Fasano and Howard -- while not completely giving up the blocking requirement in this offense -- might be the the greatest upgrade opportunity available.

6 minutes ago, Face said:

You're calling me retarded when you're making statements like this? This is absolutely laughable.

Measurables, his combine numbers and his senior bowl absolutely put him in discussion as one of the best TE prospects ever entering the NFL draft.

Even if you disagree it's in no way "absolutely laughable"

16 minutes ago, headhunter said:

He dominated at the Senior Bowl and the TE position wasn't a position Bama used in the passing game you have to be retarded to not see that.

So Nick Saban, probably the greatest college HC of all time, and Lane Kiffin, a douche but brilliant offensive mind, collectively could not figure out how to use this incredible talent of a TE? 

Just now, Face said:

So Nick Saban, probably the greatest college HC of all time, and Lane Kiffin, a douche but brilliant offensive mind, collectively could not figure out how to use this incredible talent of a TE? 

The whole damn passing game didn't exist at Bama the past several years you idiot. 

1 minute ago, Face said:

Saban has never used a TE, did you see the quotes I posted? Howard is the most used TE in Saban's history. Saban also said it was a mistake they didn't use him

Just now, OILERMAN said:

Measurables, his combine numbers and his senior bowl absolutely put him in discussion as one of the best TE prospects entering the NFL draft.

Even if you disagree it's in no way "absolutely laughable"

To say he's the best TE prospect ever is nuts. His 40 time was awesome but that ESPN article about his lack of explosiveness had some interesting points. Look at his vertical & broad jump compared to Njoku's. His vert is 8 8 inches less.

I like OJH as a prospect a lot, a real lot. And I agree with you about the huge mismatch he is in 2 TE sets. I just don't think he's as good as the 2 safeties, Lattimore, Allen, or maybe Thomas at 5. I'd love to grab him at 18 though. 

9 minutes ago, Face said:

Offensive creativity wasn't high on Bama's list with middling QBs; dominant, highly recruited OLine; and crushing RBs 3 deep. In fact when Kiffin got cute Saban publicly ripped him: "those aren't disagreements. Those are called ass chewings"

I think SF or CHI takes Thomas. SF is switching back to a 4-3 and their new DC coached in SEA from 11-13. They can draft Thomas with the intention of playing him as a DE like Michael Bennett.

Vic Fangio is the Bears DC. Formerly the 49ers and Stanford DC. I read a big part of the reason they drafted Floyd a year ago is because Fangio thought he could be his Aldon Smith. I think the Bears could draft Thomas with the intent of making him their Justin Smith. 

Edited by socaltitan

I think Walker still has 3-4 good years left. Really do. People keep looking at the age, but I don't think he has as many miles on him as his age would suggest.

If we draft Howard, it has more to do with him as a talent. Walker's age really doesn't factor in it much for me.

Edited by socaltitan

6 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

If you went back and really examined the best TE prospects OJ would be right with them.  Look at a guy like Winslow Jr. for example.  4.55 40 with a 6.71 3-cone.  Didn't work out as planned but we are talking about prospects.  Very few college TEs get big numbers.  But the TE is as important in the pro game as ever and guys who can catch and block are rare out of college.  The kid is rare breed and apparently his demeanor and love of football parallels his ability.  

Good article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793010/article/the-book-on-oj-howard-most-complete-te-prospect-in-10-years

The other thing si people keep talking about JRob being influenced by BB and what the Pats do.  Howard is exactly the kind of bold move I could see JRob make.  Certainly if Allen, Thomas, Adams and others are available but taking Howard is no more bold than taking a S that early and he fits exactly what the Titans and Mularkey want to do.  Not to mention Mularkey gets more out of his TEs than anyone.  Can anyone see Mularkey pushing for this kid.  I can.  MM would love it as well.  

Mularkey was asked about the importance of getting younger at the tight end position this offseason. This year’s draft is loaded with some pretty talented tight ends.

“If you go in with that thought process, just trying to get younger, then you’re maybe reaching,’’ Mularkey said. “Our tight end position has been very productive. It was again last year. We’re happy with our current roster, the way it is with our guys. We’re looking at all positions. You know that. And that’s just another one we’re looking at. If it happens that way, it happens that way.”

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Six-Hot-Topics-from-Coach-Mike-Mularkey-at-NFL-Combine/e49d62ab-c134-45a1-83a6-bd405bb35b59

Those comments aren't a huge ringing endorsement of TE. He may still like Howard though.

Edited by socaltitan

Two teams in this division are building elite defenses and both have bad offenses.  TN has a decent D and is close to being elite on O........they need to power up the passing game because they have a great QB.  The two teams with good D's have no QB.  I think Houston D took a step back this offseason.  Jax has players but no cohesion.  Indy Defense and OL remains in shambles but they have a QB and many WR weapons.  TN can get to the head of the class with the right moves with their top 4 picks.