Kiper Mock 3.0

Titanstattoo25

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Yeah and he's fallen in alot of rankings because he can't even run the 40 without hurting his hammy

Sounds to me like the combine hurt him more than it helped him, which kinda goes against your original point. Lattimore was the #1 corner on this board and from what I gather, the scouting community long before the combine. 

So I have watched every game Lattimore has been in during his college career.  Before last year, it wasn't even known if he would ever play much for OSU.  Previous to last year, he had shown nothing to demonstrate his high ranking  

He did great last year, but still there were hamstring concerns.. the best corner on the team was Conley. 

Just now, Soxcat said:

You must be talking about Ross.  He was the one who pulled up holding his hammy after breaking the 40 record. 

As a general rule I would shy away from any player with injury concerns with these early picks and I love Lattimore.  But if you are picking #5 there are other guys who can play with cleaner injury histories.  Take them instead.  IN fact just use whoever the #2 CB is as an example.  Maybe not shut down like Lattimore but much better if he is on the field and Lattimore isn't.  YOu can be the best CB to ever play in the NFL and if aren't there when the playoffs roll around what good are you.  I call it the Chris Brown syndrome.  I absolute loved the kid as a runner but he couldn't stay on the field.  Heck, he put up 1000 yards in about half a season.  But that was about all you could get out of him was 1/2 a season.

So, after some thought the skinny is real simple.  Pass on Lattimoire and Adams or Hooker, or Howard or Barnett or Foster......  whoever has the cleaner injury report.  By the way here is the updated CBS list.  I said Thomas and Barnette would be in play at #5 before the draft.  Thomas now #2 and Barnett #8.

In other words I'd feel far better about going to war with a healthy Barnett (or whoever) I can depend on week in and out.  Use later picks on the more questionable guys.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

I said Lattimore. I clearly state it in my post. 

47 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

can't state that as an absolute for a guy with 2 ACL injuries and microfracture surgery, there will be teams who medically take him off their board.

Plus very few teams before us need wide recievers, it's only Baltimore and buffalo and they'll take davis/williams

Just now, Soxcat said:

I know but Ross actually DID pull up with a hammy after running a 40 which was my point.  You were joking about Lattimore more or less.  It really happened to Ross and people still want to draft the kid.  It could be like

"wow did you see Ross blow by the CB, look at that 4.22 speed, after he limps back to the locker room we can watch the replay"

Pay attention

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/18837337/marshon-lattimore-tight-hamstring-combine

PK said on NFL network that Lattimore was found to have serious low Vitamin D deficiency and that likely is why he has chronic hammy issues.  That can be solved by the teams doctors if they know about it.  They found it in Indy according to PK.