Clemson Pro Day

Mercalius

47 minutes ago, Face said:

Mariota's pro day was also ho hum. Then you had guys like me screaming "see, he can't spin it like Mett!!!!"

The kid clearly has good traits & can play, a few passes to uncovered receivers changes nothing.

JaMarcus Russell apparently had the greatest pro day ever. I beleive Todd McShay called it "legendary".

Deshaun Watson wasn't 1/4 the college QB Marcus was. 

Jamarcus Russell was an obvious overhyped bust you could see coming from the other side of the world. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would guess he's probably right in the 4.55 range. So not great but not terrible.  Dez was 4.52 and Fitz was 4.63.  I think the most important thing on Williams - at least from a Titans pe

"Raw route runner"..that does not sound like a Jrob kind of guy. He has stressed route running multiple times since he took over the GM job. 

Williams is going to be better than people think. The guy is an animal. I think a lot of people are nitpicking the guy - he's gone up against secondary's from good defenses that regularly stock the NF

We can do serious damage in the draft and own our division if we grab Solomon Thomas or Jared Allen at 5 paired with Hassan Reddick at 18 but I really believe Reddick will go top 10 most likely to Cincy or Buff and is probably going ahead of Foster now... If Reddick drops to 18 I don't give a shit if Williams/Davis/Ross are all there. Take the star ILB

there is not much difference between the first round guys and third round guys are WR

i like Ardarius Stewart, Chris Godwin, Isiah Ford, JuJu Smith Schuster, Zay Jones, hell even Cooper Kupp who reminds me of Drew Bennett. 

One of them will be available in 3 with a TE/CB

2 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Deshaun Watson wasn't 1/4 the college QB Marcus was. 

Jamarcus Russell was an obvious overhyped bust you could see coming from the other side of the world. 

True but I'm just saying there's so many traits that go into being a QB that you can't measure at all with a pitch & catch session, namely pocket presence.

3 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

We can do serious damage in the draft and own our division if we grab Solomon Thomas or Jared Allen at 5 paired with Hassan Reddick at 18 but I really believe Reddick will go top 10 most likely to Cincy or Buff and is probably going ahead of Foster now... If Reddick drops to 18 I don't give a shit if Williams/Davis/Ross are all there. Take the star ILB

there is not much difference between the first round guys and third round guys are WR

i like Ardarius Stewart, Chris Godwin, Isiah Ford, JuJu Smith Schuster, Zay Jones, hell even Cooper Kupp who reminds me of Drew Bennett. 

One of them will be available in 3 with a TE/CB

I watched an interview with Reddick last night & was impressed. Smart, enthusiastic, mature kid. He definitely has his head on straight.

Williams is going to be better than people think. The guy is an animal. I think a lot of people are nitpicking the guy - he's gone up against secondary's from good defenses that regularly stock the NFL like VT, Ohio State, FSU, Auburn, Alabama, Louisville, Oklahoma, North Carolina and dominated them at times.

The 40 times, or wondering if the guy is a polished route runner - it all has it's place in evaluating a prospect. But sometimes, you go with a guy who can just flat out play when the lights come on.

I'd still take Davis. I think Davis is the total package. The small school rep shouldn't phase anybody - the top 10 NFL receivers in 2016 had guys from CMU, Toledo, FIU, Kent State.

2 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

I agree. I really like him @ 18.  

Honestly with safety taken care of in free agency and the addition of Ryan and Fosters character questions...

if Thomas, Allen are off the board then I wouldn't hesitate taking him at 5. Sounds crazy right?

However you get a smart, high character, tough and rough ILB who is a leader on and off the field, extremely smart and versatile and can be a top notch cover LB...

he would be a cornerstone day one for 8-10 years

this guy is squeaky clean, productive, athletic and passion for the game. 

Just now, Kyle021 said:

Honestly with safety taken care of in free agency and the addition of Ryan and Fosters character questions...

if Thomas, Allen are off the board then I wouldn't hesitate taking him at 5. Sounds crazy right?

However you get a smart, high character, tough and rough ILB who is a leader on and off the field, extremely smart and versatile and can be a top notch cover LB...

If Jrob pulled the trigger, I'd be okay with it. I will defer to his judgement if he picks someone ahead of what the mass media thinks. 

1 minute ago, Kyle021 said:

You're crazy.  ILB rarely go within the top 5 picks.  They'd probably consider Adams or Hooker before taking Reddick.

14 minutes ago, rns90 said:

You're crazy.  ILB rarely go within the top 5 picks.  They'd probably consider Adams or Hooker before taking Reddick.

S rarely go that high either. Would definitely rather have Adams though.Or Hooker.

Edited by socaltitan