What if the Titans traded #18 for Tavon Austin?

AvgJoe

This is what I want everyone to understand: John Ross has a very scary injury history. That's my concern. That he will go over the middle and get destroyed. We aren't talking hamstring pulls and the norm, we are talking serious injuries. How does that translate when he plays the best competition he has ever played?

Edited by AvgJoe

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we have an end to these stupid bait and switch threads?

Y'all rip Kyle to shreds but say lol to this douche canoe. Smh.

That click-bait thread title though!

Posted Images

The injury history is a concern but this kid is a legitimate WR who ran actual routes as opposed to feasting on bubble screens and sweeps.  He's more Antonio Brown/Brandin Cooks than anything close to Tavon Austin.

His 10-yard, 40-yard, and short area burst numbers are elite.  I'd be OK with him at 18 if that's how the board falls.

3 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

This is what I want everyone to understand: John Ross has a very scary injury history. That's my concern. That he will go over the middle and get destroyed. We aren't talking hamstring pulls and the norm, we are talking serious injuries. How does that translate when he plays the best competition he has ever played?

I get it. And if the Titans are more comfortable with Corey Davis then by all means, go with him. His video is just as impressive.

4 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I get it. And if the Titans are more comfortable with Corey Davis then by all means, go with him. His video is just as impressive.

If we take a WR in the 1st Round, they are being signaled as our #1. Davis and Williams represent that. Ross to me seems like a 2.

Edited by AvgJoe

22 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I know this is a joke thread, but I hope the Titans do draft Ross just to piss off all the people who are so dead set against it.

I feel the same about Williams.

25 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Davis has some legit concerns too as he's unable to workout right now plus it's a big jump in competition.

Can you provide us with those legit concerns? Because if it's just that he can't workout right now and the jump in competition I'm not very worried. 

9 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Can you provide us with those legit concerns? Because if it's just that he can't workout right now and the jump in competition I'm not very worried. 

What are his true measurables speed wise?  Short Area Burst, 3 cone, his 10 yards time, his 40 time.  Say he runs a 4.7 40.  That changes a lot in how you view his tape given it was against MAC corners.

If it was Ross and McCaffrey left at 18, I'd take McCaffrey.  Ross seems way too fragile.  Talented and really fast, yes. But ....... an injury waiting to happen.  McCaffrey would go just as far to open the offense and cause DCs some sleepless nights.  And would bring more options to offense and special teams.

pro