Logan Ryan Signs w/ Titans 3 yrs/30 million (Caplan/Rapoport/Agent confirm)

Mercalius

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the most important thing is that I scooped Jonboy.    

What makes you never have a post like this one again?

5 hours ago, Huston said:

Any cb we draft will have to beat out Simms to start and even then it will probably only be in the nickle because Ryan will slide to the slot.

I doubt Simms is a factor in who they draft at CB.

Just now, IrishTitansFan said:

Ryan is a decent, versatile corner but is inconsistent in coverage. Still need a #1

Inconsistent yes, but has stretches where he plays like a legit number one. Look at the playoffs/second half of last season. I want Amukamara too to replace J-Mac in the roster and then get another potential starter in the third round. Let's also not forget Sims, who this staff seems to rate.

We discussed Ryan back in Jan during the playoffs. I posted some articles from NE that discuss Logan Ryan in detail.

Basically Ryan was good in 2015 and started out pretty bad in 2016 until being moved into the slot then he was dynamite.

I really hope the plan is for him to upgrade the inside slot spot. He's a good tackler and blitzer as well as nickel cover guy.

17 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I kind of took the Cyprien signing as an indication they want Byard as FS. 

I think Byard's versatility still gives them the ability to still mix and match pretty good. They had Stafford in the same role last year and Byard played at SS. Thye are still in contention for Adams or Hooker as far as I'm concerned

6 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

A lot of Pats fans on Reddit are saying that Ryan's only knock is that he is very inconsistent. He is elite when he's on his game but tends to go through rough patches.

If Ryan gets beat early in the game, he loses confidence.  If he makes a play early in the game he will look like Revies in his prime.  But for the most part he is a solid CB.  One thing about Ryan is, he does not let things get over his head and is a great tackler.  

20 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I kind of took the Cyprien signing as an indication they want Byard as FS. 

BTW, even if Byard does move to more of a full time FS role I'd still consider that upgrading the FS role