How would you rank the MVP candidates?

Oiler FANatic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just think......Durant, Westbrook & Harden all on the same team.   OK messed up big time.

I haven't watched enough of them play this year to say for sure, but from what I have seen, Harden was more impressive.

14 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Like I've been saying, if he doesn't win it's because he doesn't have a good enough team around him to have a record that some believe an MVP should be apart of. A teams record should be one of the smallest factors.

Only a Westbrook fan would make that kind of argument. The only stat that really matters in sports is wins, everyone knows this. The fact is Harden makes the players around him better, Westbrook doesn't. He just pads his stats, it's a fact.

8 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

At least they aren't like Durant and LeBron who have to go play with other superstars so they can be better themselves.

Talk about dumb and retarded exaggerated comments, you look at damn near every good team and it is littered with at least two other stars alongside the stud.

The fact that they went to a different team compared to marketing their own team to other guys at the all-star game they played in the prior year is any different??

Jordan had one of the best teams ever assembled... On my phone so don't really want to deal with this tonight but you can't use that shit as an excuse for knocking a player down. Jordans cast was damn near unrivaled in the history of the NBA

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

@wiscotitansfan

Got a question for you.

How would you feel if every current, great NFL player took a pay cut to play for either NE or DAL. And for the next 6 years we only saw DAL vs NE in the SB, would that be fun for you as a fan of any other team?

That's what we have right now. It's going to be 3+ years of the same finals. Not because those teams made it happen by drafting and wheeling and dealing, but because the players are "teaming up".

The NBA has ALWAYS been that way... Do you think Shaq is a bitch for wanting out of Orlando because they didn't put all stars around him?

The Lakers have done it for decades... Same with Boston so your whole argument of those stars not needing to leave their teams to "team up" is bunk. They have always had the studs come to them, Chicago in the 90s was stacked too.

25 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Don't forget about Jake's beloved Kobe Bryant, who refused to play for the team that drafted him and cried his way to the Lakers...

It honestly blows my mind how someone can be so blind to certain players but having a distaste for LeBron or the cross state Rival Durant when Currie is probably just someone who happened to benefit in his eyes. How can someone be too fucking stupid to think Golden State didn't recruit... Or Boston in the 2000s... Or any other team that has aquired an all star FA. It's completely baffling.

Does he hate Wade for being the middle man doing all the talking between players and FOs convincing everyone involved Miami is the team that's going to team up.... It's not like he wanted to go to CLE when he could stay in FL and still have the same cast

I honestly don't have any problem with any of what he is saying, I think Westbrook is MVP but he is saying team talent should matter with wins meaning nothing and any guy with studs around him shouldn't be MVP... Following up with "imagine if Magic, Bird or Jordan" teamed up which is comical because all those guys had star studded casts around them along with Kobe having one of the best big men in history whine his way to the Lakers. As I said before, its mind boggling how someone can be so blind.

You're missing the point.

I just believe it shows a lack of confidence and competitiveness. And as a competitor, it's hard to respect someone like that.

Jordan could have left before CHI rattled off their first 3 peat. He didnt. Kobe could have left LA twice. After they traded Shaq and struggled, and at the end of his career trying to search for that 6th ring. He stayed and rode it out. Both times.

LeBron was in panic mode early in his career and when he realized he couldn't get it done in CLE, he went somewhere he thought would give him the best chance. Lack of confidence and competiveness.

Yet, he wants to be consider the best of all time? Lmao.

Besides the cancer that was Kobe on the Lakers late in his career you don't have any valid point in my book, any guy that you are trying to defend as a competitor never had to leave their team because they had star studded casts around them. Do you think Steph Currie is less of a competitor for recruiting Durant? Yes or No?

Cried? Lol

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kobe-bryant-sticks-to-story-that-hornets-never-wanted-me-after-draft/amp/

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/12/29/dave-cowens-says-admires-kobe-bryant-game/VW7KAQeNekxT4hGL7Ur9IP/amp.html

Cowens really makes it sound like Kobe cried his way out, right?

Even after Kobe made the comment that Cowens said they didn't need him, which Cowens disputed, he said nothing about Kobe or Tellem saying he wasn't going to play for Charlotte.

You're missing the part of the story that happened before they picked him.  Kobe made it clear he would not play for a team like the Hornets.  That's one reason he lasted so long in the draft.  Other teams knew he wouldn't play for them.  The Hornets only took him because they had already worked out a deal with the Lakers.

Honest question - how old were you in 1996?

Easy. The one that's whining from day 1 and think he's important enough to run the league from day 1.

As I said before, any decent team in NBA history has pretty much 2 all stars, if the FO won't do anything to support their guy then I have no problem with someone leaving... I guess Malone and Payton were scrubs who didn't have integrity by signing with Boston for essentially minimum (or Lakers forgot who actually)

I'm done with this thread, just curious on one response... If Kobe had gone to a different team at the end of his career and been willing to play 2nd fiddle (would never have anyway because his ego) and won two more championships (or even just one), you think that would hurt his legacy compared to how it actually played out?!?!

Who were the 2 studs already on Miami btw? LeBron made it 2 and Bosh made it a 3.... Boston recruited their big 3 too.

And if you want to go with Magic, Bird, Jordan or Kobe when they were winning they all had a 3rd MUCH better than Bosh if you are counting that. Sorry I underestimated.