Rogue

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Don't worry Republicans, that sick burn is covered by Obamacare."

The myth that universal health care has failed in Europe is laughable.  I lived in Europe for 6 years and for the most part their health care system is cheaper, more effective, and provides a higher q

All the morons that sat at home during November should remember this moment. Preliminary reviews of the proposed bill conducted by economists show the rich  ($200k+ annual income) will get huge tax br

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Rogue said:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/06/house-gop-releases-plan-to-repeal-replace-obamacare.html

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been much mention.  It seems awfully ACA-like.

Should be interesting to see how all this goes down.    

I honestly don't think it gets passed because both parties have reasons to hate it. 

The tax credits won't be nearly enough for older people or people without good height weight ratios since insurance companies will  again be allowed to charge different rates based on different criteria on individual policies. If you happen to be old and fat, insurance companies won't even offer you an individual policy since they are worried about losing money on them. If you turn medicaid back over to the states, they'll leave a bunch of people uninsured in the name of fiscal responsibility like they do in this state. They have a brief open enrollment period and when they fill the available slots, you're sol.

Edited by No1TitansFan

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

All the morons that sat at home during November should remember this moment. Preliminary reviews of the proposed bill conducted by economists show the rich  ($200k+ annual income) will get huge tax breaks as a result as will insurance companies. The poor and the elderly will be totally screwed too. The only hope is that its scuttled but if thst happens it will be the conservatives so the replacement will be even worse. 

So far every thing done by this admin immediately benefits the rich/upper middle and way down the line supposedly benefits the so-called suffering Americans.  Noting for rural America.

15 hours ago, Downtown said:

I honestly don't think it gets passed because both parties have reasons to hate it. 

I agree except think the opposition is all within the republican party- lack of support of democrats was planned and expected.  The hurdle is two factions of the Republican party are unhappy with it.  The Freedom Caucus, in the House, do not want any kind of support for people.  3 republican senators have also voiced the same opinion - want full repeal with pretty much no replacement as far as any support for people. While 5 or 6 other republican senators are opposed because it takes too much support away.  There is no way to reconcile those two sides as they are unhappy with the proposed bill from 180 degree different views and republicans can only lose 2 republican senators, assuming no democrat senator support, in order to pass it.  So unless all but 2 of those 8 or 9 republican senators blink, agreeing to support the bill, it wont pass the senate.  The margin in the House is about 25 to 30 (I forgot the exact number) and the Freedom Caucus has the votes to prevent it from passing, so do they blink?

Also, there are a number of republican governors opposed to it because it cuts Medicaid support. 

Edited by 9 Nines

It is better than excepted to me.  

One, I figured they would truly repeal it, in which case it would probably take generation or several decades to address healthcare again since a change would be fresh new legislation from scratch.  The way they are doing this, the fundamental skeleton of the ACA will be left intact.  Advanced tax credit will still be in place but changed from income based to age based and are smaller. It seems the way one will buy insurance will still be on exchanges etc.  No life time caps, and discrimination against preexisting conditions seems to be still disallowed. 

This is positive to me because while I wish these changes were not made, they are changes and not a repeal, so they can easily be fixed in the future when hopefully voters come to their senses to vote these people out. As I opined to start this message, had they completely scraped the system and left us where we were, with nothing, then democrats probably would not try to tackle it again for 20+ years.  Now, it will be easy to change if they can capture control again. 

Edited by 9 Nines